CNN’s Brian Stelter
If you are a glutton for punishment and actually watch CNN for news coverage — why would you do this to yourself? — then you’re probably well aware of the many ridiculous anti-Trump claims that Brian Stelter has made over the last several years.
It seems that Stelter is not ready to stop participating in this activity either, as on Monday night, he stated that the massive push for Joe Biden to not debate President Trump for the upcoming election was orchestrated by “mostly right-wing media.”
The only thing that proves is that Stelter is an idiot. Right-wingers in and out of the media are salivating at the prospect of President Trump debating dementia Joe.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
As you might imagine, Stelter’s idiocy resulted in the CNN media guru getting some severe push-back.
Per Fox News:
Earlier in the day, the Times sparked mockery across social media for an op-ed arguing that presidential debates should be “scrapped,” with critics suggesting that it’s the latest effort by the media to prevent Biden from debating Trump. Donald Trump Jr. even chimed in, tweeting, “OMG they’re really going for it. There’s absolutely nothing the left will not do to protect Joe Biden and cover-up for all of his obvious flaws,” to accompany a link to the op-ed.
Townhall.com political editor and Fox News contributor Guy Benson quipped about the puzzling media trend, writing, “This ‘Biden shouldn’t debate’ boomlet is just a media tempest, right? Right?”
Stelter once dubbed the media’s “hall monitor,” appeared to reject the premise of Benson’s comment
“It is mostly a right-wing media tempest, fueled by hour after hour of Fox commentary (not reporting), far removed from campaign reality …,” the CNN pundit told Benson.
Sure Brian and the right-wing media also supported crooked Hillary for president in 2016.
It is mostly a right-wing media tempest, fueled by hour after hour of Fox commentary (not reporting), far removed from campaign reality… https://t.co/nQd4b312vX
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) August 4, 2020
Guy Benson is not one to shrink back from a public “discussion” with a “pseudo journalist” like Stelter. Benson replied by posting a screenshot that originated with Reagan Battalion featuring many different headlines from publications like Newsweek, CNN, The New York Times, and CNN, which urge the former vice president not to engage in a debate with President Trump.
Via @ReaganBattalion, it seems as though this notion wasn’t invented out of whole cloth by conservatives. It’s an idea that has been floated by left-leaning figures/outlets… pic.twitter.com/Ce4s8cnPhh
— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) August 4, 2020
Stelter tried to shift around his argument, but in reality, it just made him appear to be schizophrenic in his reasoning.
“I’m well aware. But it’s a mistake to spend lots of precious time yakking about what leftie columnists are suggesting in this case. Obviously, Biden will debate. why imply otherwise to viewers, hour after hour?” Stelter wrote.
OH PUULESE! Come on, Stelter. You are acting like you ignored the famous Wavy Gravy warning and took a hit of the brown acid—either that or your brain is deteriorating just like Biden’s. How else could you come up with that retort after being proven wrong?
The discussion between the pair of media personalities remained civil, but lots of other folks were disgusted with Stelter’s ridiculous statement.
This is a brazen lie that’s easily traceable. Brian Stelter’s head doesn’t not exist in reality pic.twitter.com/V1Fenv8fsS
— Stephen L. Miller (@redsteeze) August 4, 2020
That’s what I said.
When I think about my most Reliable Sources as a reporter, I definitely think about the sources who are shameless partisans who are utterly unwilling to admit when they're wrong and are brazen & embarrassing as they double down when proven to be laughably & demonstrably off base. https://t.co/DOOkVVJzVw
— JERRY DUNLEAVY (@JerryDunleavy) August 4, 2020
“Reliable Sources” host ignores NYT editorial calling for cancellation of debates. https://t.co/tpWga29TZt
— Courtney Shadegg (@CShadegg) August 4, 2020
Ignoring the NYT? Isn’t that blasphemy in leftist circles? I suppose he now has to go into Jim Acosta’s office for a woke confession.
stelter doesn’t want his preferred candidate to debate trump, for obvious reasons. https://t.co/jzn5K4SKQv
— Logan Hall (@loganclarkhall) August 4, 2020
And that’s just a small sample. There are plenty more where that came from.
Indeed, this is just more propaganda from Stelter, who would do anything to slam Trump and the right-leaning media, even if his claims don’t make any sense at all.
Besides the liberals at the Commie News Network, Does anyone at this point take Stelter seriously?
Much of this post was first seen at Flag and Cross.
CNN’s Brian Stelter