Biden gaffe machine
Joe Biden’s presidency has been marked by several distinct features thus far, some of which the world has seen coming from a mile away. In other words, he hasn’t changed.
The most obvious of these traits are indeed Biden’s proclivity for word soup, often coming from gaffes or pure gibberish, which often overshadows his message due to its pure absurdity.
Things have become so woefully bizarre that one of former President Barack Obama’s officials is speaking out against his boss’s former Vice President.
Brett Bruen, a former foreign service officer who served as President Barack Obama’s director of global engagement from 2013 to 2015, wrote in a Tuesday op-ed for USA Today that he used to “cringe” whenever Biden took the podium as vice president.
“Despite all the preparation that went into an event and his remarks, as a staffer on the National Security Council, you never quite knew what he might say,” Bruen wrote.
“At times, his offhanded comments could spice up what otherwise would be a pretty boring policy address. Yet, there were other times, too many times, when it could veer into dangerous terrain.”
When Bruen moved is op-ed to Biden as President, his review of the POTUS got worse. “The reckless riffs have continued during his presidency, especially when discussing diplomacy,” he wrote.
Bruen criticized Biden for remarking last summer on the “inevitability” that Kabul would “fall to the Taliban,” seeming to “give Russian President Vladimir Putin a tacit green light to take at least some Ukrainian territory,” asserting in Poland that Putin “should be removed from power,” and stating “his clear commitment of American forces to the defense of Taiwan, a major departure from our long-standing policy.”
“How does such careless careening into crisis territory keep happening?” he asked. “Biden bears the lion share of blame for his ill-considered improvisation.”\
It’s not that Joe Biden is consciously lying. It’s that he’s an idiot. The SCHMOTUS (Schm**k of the US) has always been a gaffe machine. And as Bruen said, he didn’t wait to be elected President to start. Rather than talk about his Presidential gaffes, which are still fresh in your minds, here are just some of his gold-record VP “hits:”
- Biden said President FDR ‘Got on Television’ to talk about the 1929 Market Crash. FDR wasn’t President when the market crashed, AND the first televised presidential speech was on September 4, 1951, when Harry Truman was POTUS.
- During the 2012 election, he recognized Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham, a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair, “I’m told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let ’em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about? I’ll tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up, though, pal.”
- Biden declared the Prime Minister of Ireland’s mom was dead. On St. Patrick’s Day in 2010, he said, “His mom lived in Long Island for 10 years or so, God rest her soul, and, er, although she’s, wait—your mom’s still alive. It was your dad who passed. God bless her soul. I gotta get this straight.”
- Biden’s math can be lousy. During the 2008 campaign, he demonstrated that he couldn’t count to four, saying, “Look, John’s [McCain] last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs: J-O-B-S,”
- And maybe his most famous gaffe, dropping an “f” bomb during Obama’s speech after Obamacare was passed.
I can’t understand how some people didn’t know that as President Joe Biden would be screwing up almost every time he opened his mouth.
Biden’s worrisome wordiness will undoubtedly continue (as it has for decades), leaving many to wonder if he’ll still be fit to run again in 2024. But when someone looks at his service as VP and as President, it’s obvious that (as Mr.Bruen implied) he wasn’t fit to run in 2020.
Biden gaffe machine
Parts of this post were originally seen at Flag and Cross.