Violent Rhetoric. Violent Rhetoric.
Now that the crazy political bomber has been arrested and identified as a registered Republican, TV liberals are rushing to blame President Trump’s rhetoric for the terror campaign. At 3:30 pm on FNC Chris Wallace had an argument with Shepard Smith because Smith blamed the terrorist’s action on Trump’s rhetoric. Wallace correctly told Smith that the only person to blame is the guy who sent the bombs (see video at bottom of post).
Being a liberal, Shepard Smith refuses to recognize that there is much violent rhetoric and actions coming from the Democratic side also. Not just Smith but the Democrats have only now discovered violent acts and rhetoric. But Gary DeMar discovered it a long time ago:
Let’s not forget that it was a fringe Democrat supporter who tried to kill a group of Republicans with real bullets. Steve Scalise nearly died! Republicans did not use the evil intentions of a lone shooter to smear the Democrats.
A CNN article on the shooter who tried to kill Republicans, never mentions the Democrats.
As we’re seeing with the “bomb” threats, the Democrats and their media sycophants are not returning the favor. They never do.
At the same time, I would not be surprised if we learn that some fringe Democrat supporter, in an attempt to help the Leftist cause, made and sent the pipe “bombs.” I doubt that it’s someone high up in the Democrat Party.
Since the news of the pipe “bombs” broke, the Democrats have come out in a fury denouncing Trump’s rhetoric while ignoring the rhetoric and actions of their own party members.
What was Kathy Griffin’s bloody severed head of Trump if not an incitement of justified violence? What about the knifing of Trump in a modern rendition of “Julius Caesar”?
Read some of the comments on YouTube.
Democrat Rep. Maxine Waters (CA) urged people to harass Trump administration officials. “Get in their faces, call them out, call your friends, get protesters, follow them into restaurants and shopping malls.”
Democrat Sen. Cory Booker (NJ) called for people to “get up in the face” of members of Congress.
Here’s what Eric Holder, former Pres. Obama’s Attorney General who is considering running for President in 2020, said what tactics to use against Republicans:
During a campaign swing in McDonough, Ga., on Sunday, former attorney general Eric Holder notes former first lady Michelle Obama’s high-minded 2016 slogan, “When they go low, we go high.”Then he makes clear he disagrees.
“No, no,” Holder says. “When they go low, we kick ’em. That’s what this new Democratic Party is about.”
Consider this from former Pres. Barack Obama who said the following during a campaign stop in Philadelphia in 2008:
They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that “that Obama is a scary guy.” If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun, because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.
I’m sure it got a good laugh, but if Trump or some other Republican had something like that, they would be out of politics forever. Even Snopes admits that Obama said the above. But notice how they softened it by adding the word “rhetorical”:
Still bitter Hillary Clinton added to the mob mentality with her typical flair for the dramatic and stupidity:
Hillary Clinton … said “civility can start again” in the United States only if Democrats win back the House or the Senate in November’s midterm elections.
Clinton, who made the comments in an interview with CNN, added that “you cannot be civil with” the Republican Party because it “wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about.”
“That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength,” Clinton said. (The Hill)
Republicans aren’t getting in the face of Democrats and driving them out of restaurants and movie theaters and disturbing Senate Judiciary hearings and confronting Republicans in elevators or sending a Racine-like substance to Senators.
The rhetoric and violence directed at conservatives, including Pres. Trump, has been going on for more than two years. Comments and actions by Kathy Griffin, Madonna, Johnny Depp, and Robert De Niro come to mind, but there are many more. Here are 15 examples from a list of 133:
- July 5, 2018: Trump supporter wearing Make America Great Again hat allegedly assaulted at a burger joint (video at link).
- July 3, 2018: Nebraska GOP office vandalized.
- July 2, 2018: Cher accuses ICE of “Gestapo tactics.”
- July 2, 2018: Man accused of threatening to kill Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and his family.
- July 1, 2018: Washington Post reporter publicly calls on mobs to give Trump officials a “life sentence” of harassment.
- July 1, 2018: Man wearing MAGA hat refused service in a restaurant.
- June 29, 2018: Media falsely blame Trump for the murder of five journalists in Maryland.
- June 28, 2018: Journalist lies about Maryland mass-shooter being a Trump supporter.
- June 29, 2018: Hollywood actor calls on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to be harassed at “every meal.”
- June 29, 2018: California man accused of threatening to kill FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s children.
- June 28, 2018: Reuters editor says Trump has blood on his hands for the murder of five journalists in Maryland. He still has a job.
- June 28, 2018: Singer John Legend praises and agrees with Rep. Maxine Waters for calling on mobs to publicly harass Trump officials out of public spaces like restaurants.
- June 28, 2018: Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) calls on “angry” Latinos to oust Trump.
- June 27, 2018: Media defend and champion Virginia restaurant owner who kicked White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and her family out, and then reportedly harassed them as they ate at a nearby restaurant.
- June 26, 2018: Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH) blames President Trump for her intern yelling “Fuck you!” at him through the halls of the U.S. Capitol. The intern was not fired.
Here’s a partial list of the most recent attacks compiled by the editors at Grabien.com:
What we’re seeing in the streets, confrontations in restaurants (Sarah Sanders Huckabee and EPA’s Scott Pruitt), homes (Kirstjen Nielsen), and movie theaters (Florida AG Pam Bondi), and the denouncement of free speech on college campuses are reminiscent of Stalinist and Brownshirt tactics that the Leftist media are ignoring
CNN Jeff Zucker is blaming Trump’s rhetoric and criticism of the Press for the pipe “bomb” threats. Sen. Marco Rubio wasn’t having any of it:
“Yes words matter,” Rubio tweeted. “Because freedom of speech allows us to air & settle our disagreements & grievances using words INSTEAD of violence.”
“The 1st Amendment protects press freedom,” he continued, “but it doesn’t bestow immunity from criticism. Criticism & calling people to violence are not the same.” (The Blaze)
Where have Zucker and CNN been when Democrats and their leftist supporters where spewing out some of the vilest rhetoric I’ve ever heard, and I’ve heard a lot of it over the years? It’s only now that CNN has been made a target that there’s outrage and the news stories can be used to help Democrats in the Midterm Elections.
Cross-Posted with GodFather Politics