According to the tax watchdog group, Americans for Tax Reform, there was rampant fraud in the federal government’s COVID “relief” spending, making the spending the “biggest fraud” in U.S. history.
Per Just the News:
“The U.S. federal government has already dedicated over $5 trillion to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic,” Dan Savickas, director of tech policy at Taxpayers Protection Alliance, told Just the News on Wednesday. “These funds came with very few safeguards to ensure they ended up in the hands of families and businesses that actually needed it.
“It’s estimated that every dollar of wages saved by the relief money cost American taxpayers $4.13. This is not to mention also the inflation that came as a result of this profligate spending.”
Here is just some of the fraud they found:
- More than 1,000 people have been criminally charged with Unemployment Insurance (UI) fraud since the COVID pandemic began in March 2020. The report also identified $45.6 billion in potentially fraudulent UI benefit payments “to individuals with Social Security numbers: (1) filed in multiple states, (2) of deceased persons, (3) of federal prisoners, and (4) used to file UI claims with suspicious email accounts.”
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) burned over $3.7 billion in fraudulent COVID relief payouts.
- The Justice Department announced on Tuesday federal criminal charges against 47 people for their alleged involvement in a $250 million COVID fraud scheme involving a federally funded child nutrition program.
- More than $1 billion in COVID relief was disbursed to foreign applicants, including IP addresses in Russia, China, Iran, and Cuba.
- At least $163 billion in pandemic UI benefits may have been improperly paid, with a significant amount due to fraud.
- The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis reported an estimated $84 billion out of $800 billion in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans was obtained fraudulently.
There was never any real need for this so-called “relief” in the first place.
If the government had stayed out of our business in the first place, there would have been no need for “relief.” The supposed relief was only needed because the government tried to shut the country down.
The government created the problems that needed “relief,” and then the government supplied the “relief.”
It was a fraud from the beginning.