I have been reading a ton of top ten articles over the past week or so, bloggers and other pundits have published what was, in their opinion, the top stores of 2009. As you have been reading my opinion every day for the past year, I decided to take a different tactic.
According to my counters, articles on “The Lid:” generated between 650-750,000 reads since Dec. 31 2009. Teased Below in reverse order are the ten most read stories. Some of them surprised me. Read them and tell me if you agree. Note, if you click on the title of the story you will go to the full post.
9) (12/30/09) EVEN MORE Harry Reid Obamacare Bribes Leaking Out
In the end what gave Harry Reid his 60 Obamacare votes were the secret bribes democratic leadership made to “convince” people from his own party to vote for cloture. The most significant of the “bennies” was the one which convinced Ben Nelson to switch from being pro-life to pro-choice. Nelson managed to win a share of the section of the manager’s amendment on Equitable Support for Certain States, which will provide Nebraska, along with Massachusetts and Vermont, support in paying its share of additional costs to Medicaid in the health legislation,
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?
Not all of that pork went to members of the Senate the Harry Reid bill also has some special gifts for the organizations that played along with the Democrat’s push to take over health care. Those “rewards” were added to the managers markup issued a scant few days before the bill was voted on. Those gifts are finally being discovered and its not pretty.
8) (4/1/09) MUST SEE VIDEO: Neil Cavuto DESTROYS Congressman Alan Grayson Man “this is entertainment.” Congressman Alan Grayson D-Fla Appeared on Cavuto’s Show on FBN yesterday. Grayson is on Barney Frank’s banking committee and he has sponsored the “Pay for Performance Act of 2009.” It would impose government controls on the pay of all employees (not just top executives) of companies that have received funds from the U.S. government. It would changing the terms of compensation agreements already in place.
The Congressman couldn’t answer simple questions about his bill, and Neil let him have it. This is a classic on the level of O’ Reilly/Frank:
7) (1/7/2009)SLAM!!! Ann Coulter DESTROYS Matt Lauer on Today Show Ann Coulter on the Drudge Story about her being banned for life from NBC.That was from a reliable news report that, by the way, had never, has never had to retract a report on exploding GM trucks. But I do know that, like NBC. Um, it apparently took-It apparently took eight hours for the “Today” show to remember that there was a Wednesday show that I could be invited back to. It took the Drudge Report posting that, for the Wednesday invitation to appear.OK maybe it’s the equivalent of taking candy from a baby, but Ann Coulter made Matt Lauer look like an Idiot today on the Today Show. He was she had him tied up in his underwear on every subject from her “life-time ban”‘ and media bias to Sarah Palin and Single Mothers. Take a look at the video below, or if you prefer read the transcript which follows:
6) (6/1/09) Playboy–The Left At Its Most Mean-Spirited OK I will admit it, I never read Playboy for the articles, in fact in the good old days, when I could look at the magazine (before I realized the girls were my daughter’s age) I never even knew that Playboy had page numbers.
That was until today, when I received a tweet from Allahpundit of Hot Air, alerting me to one of cruelest, most mean-spirited displays I have ever seen in the magazine, or on the net for that matter.
In a column called So Right it’s Wrong, freelance writer and former blogger Guy Cimbalo writes about “The top ten conservative women we love to hate.”
Obama promised us the dream of post-partisanship—a cuckoo land where party affiliation and factional animosity were forgotten. Turn on cable news or open any newspaper, however, and you’ll quickly discover that the dream has yet to materialize. But there is a way to reach across the aisle without letting principles fall by the wayside. We speak, naturally, of the hate f**k*. We may despise everything these women represent, but goddammit they’re hot. Let the healing begin.* Note: word editing mine
5) (3/8/09)Chas Freeman’s Son Wants to PUNCH ME IN THE NOSE !!! Ambassador Freeman’s Son Charles Freeman posted a guest editorial on the Washington Note. Freeman is former Assistant US Trade Representative for China and now holds the Freeman Chair in China Studies with the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). In his note. the younger Freeman makes a defense of his dad, talking about how they sometimes disagree with each other politically and that this opposition to his dad is to the mysterious pro-Israel Cabal that opposes anyone who has views that may be deemed anti-Israel.He finishes off his post with
My Dad and I are going to continue to argue.
We’ll do it, respectfully though.
Wish that could be said about his detractors. They are low-lives. And if you’re among them and by chance read this: I still want to punch you in the face. You’d deserve it, you schmucks.
4) (12/28/2009)Max Baucus Denies Being Blotto on Senate Floor. Take Poll and Tell Us What You Think Yesterday we posted the video below, of Senator Max Baucus is making a weird rant on the Senate Floor. The Montana Senator is slurring his words and it seems as if he delivered this impassioned speech on the Senate floor a bit “Pickled.”….If I had to bet money, I would hope that the Senator had a designated driver take him home that day, he sure looks drunk. But what do you think? On the left hand column is a poll, check the box you prefer, was Max Baucus Drunk on the Senate Floor?
3) (6/4/2009) How Obama’s Cairo Speech Threw Israel Under the Bus President Obama’s speech in Cairo was historic. No other President has gone to a foreign nation to so publicly throw a strong ally under the bus. Once again the President, pandered to the Muslim world by dissing Israel in a major way, he downplayed the role of terrorism, made Hamas look like a rowdy Boys Glee Club, called for the internationalization of Jerusalem, and used the Palestinian party line to describe the Israeli presence not only in the West Bank and Gaza but its VERY existence at all. He started his Israel/Palestinian discussion by talking about the Holocaust and Anti-Semitism:
2)(7/24/09) Peer Reviewed Scientific Study–Al Gore is a FRAUD A new scientific paper says that the only warming that is man made is the heat coming from under Al Gore’s collar. The highly regarded Journal of Geophysical Research presented a peer reviewed study by 3 Australasian researchers which shows that natural forces are the dominant influence on climate. According to this study little or none of the late 20th century global warming and cooling can be attributed to human activity.
1) (12/2/09) STUNNING New ACORN Revelations: Shifting Public Money To Elect Progressives, NY Times Cover-up People shouldn’t think that all ACORN does is help pimps and hookers buy houses, they serve the community in so many other ways, including embezzlement of donated funds, voter fraud, and using tax exempt dollars to help get liberal candidates elected.
Yesterday the Republicans on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform held a forum to discuss ACORN and urge the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Democratic Party’s favorite criminal enterprise.