After a series of posts both here on The Lid and Big Government, day three of the “scandal” was spent observing the media and political reaction to the strange case of Shirley Sherrod. As the saga enters its fourth day I thought it appropriate to reflect on what I learned over the past three days. Some of it significant, some obscure but all of it (I hope) interesting.
- Why Can’t Media Matters Read? : Well, its not just Media Matters but almost every liberal pundit and member of the mainstream media. Who knew that Big Government was like Playboy Magazine. Everyone was so quick to watch the original video posted on Big Government, but they didn’t take the time to read the article that Andrew Breitbart wrote. While the article was critical of Ms Sherrod, that was not the focus of the article. The “money paragraph” in Breitbart’s piece was
Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.
Breitbart was not going after Sherrod he was going after the NAACP and their politically motivated attack on the Tea Party. His purpose in posting the video was to point out the reaction of the crowd much more than the speech of Sherrod.
- Fox News is Like a Jewish Husband: No matter what Fox News does, it is their fault. Even though Ms Sherrod was warned that she was about to be on Beck the day she resigned no one told Glenn Beck. He didn’t know the details of the Sherrod controversy until after his show. In fact Fox didn’t cover the story until hours after Sherrod resigned (neither Baier nor
Keith Olbermann.I mean Shepard Smith covered it).
- Why Does Everyone Care About My Love Life? I got many emails, face book notes and comments both here and on Big Government accusing me of having intercourse with mothers (using much cruder language). It is truly amazing the hatred and bigotry contained in emails blasting me for supposed hatred and bigotry.
- Sherrod did pivot about helping the white farmer but her comments indicate she still has a long way to go to be “race neutral” Watch her description of the incident she describes the white farmer as “trying to show his superiority.” What does she mean by that? How did he show that? Maybe it was Just a chip on her shoulder? If you watch the video you can see more examples..”one of them” etc.
- I Got Email From God!!! The emails, and comments I received that didn’t talk about my sex life with mothers, instead told me that I would rot in hell. Since that is a decision only God can make, I assume those emails were from God himself . Thank goodness Jews don’t believe in hell (well there was that time I was stuck on a crowded train between an actuary and an insurance salesmen but that probably doesn’t count).
- The word racist is losing its sting. Racism used to be such a horrible thing to call someone, but since Obama became President it has been over-used by the left to describe anybody who disagrees with Progressive politics. It doesn’t seem as evil a word as it used to be, that is very sad.
- I don’t believe in coincidences. July 21st, the day the Department of Agriculture asked Ms Sherrod to come back to the department, after overreacting to the video and not checking the facts, was the one year anniversary of the press conference where President Obama overreacted and called the Cambridge police department stupid, without checking the facts—just saying.
- Damn, those lefty “reporters” really hate Andrew Breitbart. They couldn’t wait to pounce on him for this story despite the fact that they couldn’t have read his post that well. Do they hate him for his politics or because he does their job much better than they do? I pick both.
Well that’s it for now, but heck it’s not bad for three days. I am sure that there will be more lessons, just as I am sure that this is not over.
Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?
Right Wing News talked to Minority Leader John Boehner, Republican Whip Eric Cantor, Chairman of the House Republican Conference Mike Pence, and Vice-Chair of the House Republican Conference Cathy McMorris Rodgers to find out if they would be willing to defund and repeal health care reform if they took back the House. In Short, they all said, hell yeah! That is not just news, it’s news that will do conservative hearts good. Read the entire article here