Note to the progressives getting ready to pounce. NO! I am not calling the President a NAZI. For those of you too young to remember the TV comedy Hogan’s Heroes, everything something bad came to light, Sergeant Schultz would avoid getting blame by saying ‘I know Nothing!”
The Presidency of Barack Obama will be known as the Sergeant Schultz presidency. With every crisis, every scandal this President claims, he knows nothing, sees nothing. Just look at the record:
- The Department Of Justice’s Subpoenas For The Associated Press ” Q: “When did the President find out about the Department of Justice’s subpoenas for the Associated Press?” CARNEY: “Yesterday. Let me just be clear. We don’t have any independent knowledge of that. He found out about the news reports yesterday on the road.“
- Solyndra– REPORTER: “This is a question about Solyndra: Has the President been briefed about what has developed on that-just has he been briefed at all about the questions being raised or just what his administration…” JAY CARNEY: “I think he’s probably read some news accounts of it-I’m not aware that he’s been briefed.
- The IRS Scandal OBAMA: “Let me take the IRS situation first. I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday.
- Obamacare’s Website “Problems’ CNN’s SANJAY GUPTA: “The president did say that he was angry about this. I mean do you know when he first knew that there was a problem?” SEBELIUS: “Well, I think it became clear fairly early on. The first couple of days, that…” GUPTA: “So not before that, though? Not before October 1st?” SEBELIUS: “No, sir.”
- Spying on our allies leaders: The account suggests President Barack Obama went nearly five years without knowing his own spies were bugging the phones of world leaders.” (Siobhan Gorman and Adam Entous, “Obama Unaware As U.S. Spied On World Leaders: Officials.”
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
Then there are other issues where the President didn’t know, such as Benghazi where he claims he didn’t realize it was a terrorist attack until weeks after others in his administration knew.
It seems absurd that a President who works so hard to control the political message didn’t know about any of this before we did. Or in the case of the bugging of foreign leaders he didn’t know about it before Edward Snowden.
Yesterday we learned from NBC News the President knew millions of people were going to lose the insurance they had and be forced on to a different, possibly more expensive website three years ago even as he continued to say it wouldn’t happen.
As a country we are being ask to pick between bad choices. Either our President is such a lousy manager he doesn’t know how to ask probe and ask questions of his subordinates to gather information on important questions, too removed to bother, or is such a tyrant that the people who report to him are much too frightened to tell him the truth. The only other (and most likely) possibility is that this President is lying to the American people.
Obama has often said that as President the buck will stop with him:
This President is no Truman because when people ask what did the president know and when did he know it, this President answers he knew nothing until two minutes ago.