These are fifty posts readers of The Lid thought were most important in 2011 (based on traffic). The first installment was Monday when we posted #41-50, Tuesday we posted #31-40 and yesterday #21-30, today we reveal numbers 11-20 and tomorrow we reveal the top ten.
20. ADL’s Hypocritical Abe Foxman Executes a Perfect Clintonian Deflection As much as I criticize the Grand Poobah of the Anti-Defamation League for putting progressive politics in front of his group’s mission to prevent the defamation of the Jews, I must admit the guy is talented, he can spin and deflect with the best of them. He possibly is as good as the master, William Jefferson Clinton. In this week’s Jewish Star he wrote a letter supposedly critical of an article I wrote for the paper, without addressing any of the points in the piece.Full Post Here
Well, there he goes again. Senator Richard Blumenthal who, during his campaign was exposed for lying about serving in Vietnam, got caught in a brand new lie. This time he mislead people about his tenure as clerk for Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun. During a press conference about Abortion rights held by Senate Democrats, Blumenthal claimed he was right in the middle of the Roe vs Wade decision which was written by Blackmun in 1973.The problem is, Blumenthal clerked for Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun in 1974, the year after Blackmun wrote Roe v. Wade decision, in 1973 Blumenthal was busy not being in Vietnam. Full Post Here
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
18. UNBELIEVABLE! Obama Administration Puts Israel On List Of Countries That Support Terrorism Only in the twisted world of the Obama Administration, where allies are trashed, and enemies are embraced, could the tiny nation of Israel, on the front lines of the war on terror for decades, be on a list of 36 nations which “have shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.” This is no joke and Alan Funt is dead so you can’t be on Candid Camera. As reported by CNS News The Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General published the list of “specially designated countries” as an appendix to an unclassified May 11 report–“Supervision of Aliens Commensurate With Risk”–that was publicly posted on the Internet. (The appendix is on page 18 of the document.) Full Post Here
17 Boehner Releases “Sell Piece” Giving Details Of Debt Ceiling Deal Compromise (Embedded) It is worth reading this one again, to see how we were sold a bill of goods. Embedded below is a power point Presentation sent out by the Speaker to sell the House on the compromise deal worked out between GOP leadership and the POTUS this weekend. I received the presentation from a Congressional Staffer so I know its legit. As we stand right now, Harry Reid has endorsed the plan pending approval of his caucus. McConnell and Boehner negotiated the plan and endorse it, and irony of ironies, Nancy Pelosi wants to read the full bill before she gives an opinion. Full Post Here
16.BREAKING UPDATE ; Rabbi’s Anti-Christian Tim Tebow Post Taken Down By Jewish Week We all have to count our blessings, and one of my new blessings is that I do not attend Temple Beth El, in Stamford Ct. Because the last person I would want teaching my children is their “Rabbi” Joshua Hammerman. Hammerman is a different kind of RINO, a Rabbi in name only. Writing in this week’s issue of the progressive NY Jewish Week, Hammerman has proven himself to be a bigot, something that should disqualify him from getting anywhere near a pulpit. Hammerman admits he has a Tim Tebow problem Full Post Here
15. DR. OCCUPY, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Laugh at the Occupy Protests Sometimes perspective is everything. During the two-day confrontation between BlogCon 2011and Occupy Denver, I was so wrapped up in the events, that there was little time to think about the what’s or why’s things turned out the way they did. I landed in Denver last Thursday thinking I was simply attending BlogCon, a conference of the top conservative bloggers in the country (and me also) sponsored by Freedom Works, one of the few national organizations in the Tea Party movement. But the weekend turned out to be much more than that because twice on Friday and once more on Saturday, the Occupy Denver crowd tried to break into our conference. Full Post Here
14. Joshua Goldberg: Rest In Peace My Friend The internet can be a funny thing—you can “meet people” on line, “converse” with them every day through instant messaging and consider them friends without ever seeing them in person or hearing their voice. Sitting in the blogger’s lounge on the last day of CPAC, I learned of the death of just such a friend, Joshua Goldberg. For those who don’t know of Joshua he was the Editor-in-Chief of the news aggregator Lucianne.com, blog aggregator Blogs Lucianne Loves, and the new Conservative social media site The Connection which he worked so hard on. Most importantly he was the husband of Chantal, the son of Lucianne and the late Sidney Goldberg, only brother of the writer/pundit Jonah Goldberg. Full Post Here
13. Latest Attack on Glenn Beck Shames The Rabbinical Profession and Desecrates God’s Name As the Torah says Thou shalt not go up and down as a tale-bearer among thy people (Lev. 19:16). The ancient Jewish Sages took that passage and said that there are three transgressions that would cause a man to lose his place in the world to come: murder, adultery, and idol worship, and that loshon hora (evil speech) is equivalent to all three (Bab. Erchin 15b). Jews believe that the harm done by telling tales about people is worse than the harm done by something like theft because one can repay stolen money, but harm done by speech can never be repaired. In today’s Wall Street Journal, four-hundred Rabbis joined with a socialist Jewish organization called Jewish Funds for Justice (JFJ) to bring shame upon themselves, their holy profession and the entire Jewish people, and even worse have committed a Chillul Hashem (desecration of God’s name) with an open letter to Fox News against Glenn Beck (the full ad is embedded below). Full Post Here
12. Audio Interview with NPR’s Media Reporter David Folkenflik -Vivian Schiller Didn’t Quit She Was Fired Not many people were surprised National Public Radio announced that President and CEO Vivian Schiller had resigned, the day after the release of an undercover video sting showing a former top NPR executive vilifying grass-roots conservatives and questioning the need for continued federal funding for the organization. Ms Schiller has been in the press too much lately, not only firing Juan Williams, but the way she fired him and the follow up comments about seeing a psychiatrist and the James O’ Keefe sting video coming the day after her challenge to find incidents of bias was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. Full Post Here
11. Some “Big” Sons of Bitches Visit Media Matters’ DC Office Earlier today, two of my favorite Editors Big Journalism editor Dana Loesch, and Big Government editor Mike Flynn joined their boss Andrew Breitbart (collectively described as the “Big” Sons of Bitches by Jimmy Hoffa Jr.) on a little road trip.
They decided to pay a visit to the DC home of Media Matters, that progressive media watchdog funded by spooky dude George Soros and frequented by little Eric Boehlert the man who calls me a Jew-basher. Their quest was to find the holy grail (sorry wrong movie), their quest was to get a copy of Media Matters‘ IRS 990 disclosure form, which by law needs to be provided to anyone who requests one. Full Post Here
Tune in Tomorrow for your Top Ten