These are fifty posts readers of The Lid thought were most important in 2011 (based on traffic). Monday we posted #41-50, yesterday we did 31-40 today we reveal numbers 21-30 and will continue to count down (backwards) another ten every day on Thursday and Friday
30. LAWSUIT! Sheila Jackson Lee Tormented Disabled Ex-Aide Its been well known the Sheila Jackson Lee’s brain lights are set to dim. Some would say that she rivals Barbara Boxer for the title of dumbest person in Congress. Jackson Lee who once wasted the time of Congress with a piece of legislation to honor the late Michael Jackson (A Tribute to an American Legend and Musical Icon) that made the accused child molester seem like Mother Teresa. Then there was the time she stood on the floor of the house discussing how North and South Vietnam are living peacefully side by side, even though there hasn’t been a North and South Vietnam since Gerald Ford was President. Adding to her resume of incompetence, the IQ-challenged lawmaker is being sued by one of her former staffers for being particularly nasty about her disability. Full Article Here
29.Simon Wiesenthal Center Bashes Antisemitism at Media Matters and Center for American Progress Media Matters for America’s Senior Fellow MJ Rosenberg has become infamous for accusing any American Jews who support Israel of dual loyalty (he calls them Israel-firsters), he also has claimed the evil Israel lobby” controls both the media and the U.S. foreign policy. He also uses the term neo-con in a similar fashion to another Jew-Hater Pat Buchanan– as a slang pejorative term for Jews who are politically conservative. Rosenberg is not the only Jew-Basher at Media Matters just the most vocal. Rosenberg and his fellow progressive Jew-Haters at MMFA and Center for American Progress have finally picked on the wrong Jews-The Simon Wiesenthal Center. Formed by the famous Nazi-hunter, the center’s only purpose is to preach tolerance. Unlike groups such as the ADL and the AJC which have progressive agendas, the Wiesenthal Center is non-political. Also unlike those groups, the Center will criticize and/or praise people on either part of the political aisle……The Wiesenthal Center has always been reluctant to accuse people of Antisemitism, but in this case it was justified, so the good Rabbi let loose. Full Post Here
28 The Ten Most Blatant Examples Of Media Bias During Jan-Feb 2011 (Part One) The 18th Century British Politician/Political Theorist Edmund Burke is given credit for coining the term “Fourth Estate.” He said “there were Three Estates in Parliament; but, in the Reporters’ Gallery yonder, there sat a Fourth Estate more important far than they all.” The job of that Fourth Estate was to watch and report the truth about the first three estates; the Clergy, Nobility and the People. That concept doesn’t really fit into the American tradition so here in the U.S., the term has been “Americanized,” the mainstream press is known as “the fourth branch of government.” It refers to the fact that the news media’s responsibility to inform the citizenry is essential to the healthy functioning of the democracy. Interesting is the fact that the difference in the terms says much about the media in the U.S. today. Rather than standing off in a gallery watching the other “Estates,” a fourth branch is connected to the other three, their success is interdependent with their objectives. In recent years our mainstream media has truly become a “fourth branch,” who has abandoned a quest for truth for a new goal, presenting as fact the propaganda of an increasingly progressive government, to the American people. Even though 2011 is only two months old there are already many examples of the media’s progressive bias. I have created a list of my ten “favorites” below are numbers 10-6. Full post Here
27.Top Congressional Democrats Complain OBAMA IS NOT A LEADER! This morning on Morning Joe the hosts were discussing the debt ceiling and the president’s handling of the issue with Peggy Noonan who wrote an article very critical of Obama in the WSJ today (among other things she called him a loser). Scarborough interrupted Noonan to reveal that just two days ago his co-host ultra-liberal Mika Brzezinski had heard from many Democrats about how disappointed they were in Obama. “Forty or fifty of the most powerful Democrats on the Hill” thought that “the president has been invisible,” and that “he is not a leader,” said Scarborough. They also felt he was abandoning the Congressional Democrats the same way he abandoned them during the Obamacare debate. Full Post Here
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
26. I have Proof That God Still Performs Miracles. If anybody wants proof that God is still in the miracle business they should read this story about my weekend. My daughter was in a car crash on Friday that by all logic she shouldn’t have survived.
At about 5:45pm I was packing up my computer for the night and watching one of my guilty pleasures (TMZ). The phone rang and the stranger on the other end gave me what seemed to be a paradox, your daughter drove into a tree, but is OK. She asked me to call you. It was hard for me to imagine a situation where someone drives into a tree but is basically uninjured. I shouted out to my wife and she joined me in the car as we sped to the accident site a half of a mile from home. Full Post Here
25. Before Rep Weiner Lectures Judge Thomas About Potenial Conflicts He Should Look At His Earmark Record Since he was first elected to congress, Anthony Weiner’s (D-NY) only major contribution to this country was getting bit on the hand by a goat on the Capitol Building Lawn. Actually that was the goat’s contribution wasn’t it? Now that Alan Grayson is gone, Anthony Weiner is the nastiest hypocrite in congress. Weiner’s latest ploy is deciding that wives of Supreme Court justices have absolutely no right to work, not all justices of course just conservative ones. The big weenie of congress is leading 73 members of congress in a demand that Judge Clarance Thomas recuse himself from any Obamacare case that reaches the Supreme Court. Weenie believes the career of the Judge’s wife, Ginny Thomas who is a conservative political activist by trade. Full Post Here
24 Megyn Kelly in GQ HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! (this post was put up in Nov. 2010 and it still gets some readership every day) Dang, I don’t know If I will ever be able to watch Megyn Kelly the same way. The Fox News Anchor was interviewed by GQ for its men of the year issue. The interview is pretty standard but the picture, lets just say its HOT! This is how the magazine describes her “Abhorred by the left, adored by the right, frequently pinata’d by The Daily Show, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has become the very blonde face—and legs—of the network. And she’s okay with that.”And you know what? I’m OK with that also. Read the entire Megyn Kelly article here (pictures included)
23. Chris Christie: Obamacare is Killing the States Widely reported in the blog world is the fact that the latest projections show that Obamacare will increase the federal deficit, not decrease it as progressives contend. What is not widely reported is that the mandates that accompany the government run-health care plan saddle the states with an oppressive financial burden. CNS News spoke to conservatives favorite Governor Chris Christie who says that the problem is not only the financial burden but the fact that there is no flexibility in the way states are allowed to provide benefits. Full Post Here
22.Sarah Palin Visits The Kotel (Western Wall) Video Sarah Palin visited Israel for the first time and immediately headed for the Kotel, the “Western Wall” of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Despite the common descriptions, the Kotel is not the most holy site in Judaism, it is the retaining wall for the Temple Mount which housed the two Temples to God. It is the Temple Mount which is the most holy site in all of Judaism, but thanks to the hubris of Moshe Dayan, Jews are rarely allowed up on the Temple Mount and when they are allowed it is illegal for them to pray. (If you cannot see video below Full post here
21. Media Matters Eric Boehlert; Propaganda Minister For a Jew-Bashing Machine A funny thing happened while I was taking my Shabbos nap the other day, Mr. Media Matters himself, Eric Boehlert read one of my posts. Exciting right? I mean it’s not as cool as when Andrew Breitbart takes one of my posts from one of the “Bigs” and puts it on his refrigerator, but it’s still pretty cool.