This is the time of year for lists, everything from the best movies of the year, the top news stories of the year, best political quotes, etc. The list that few if any outlets report is the one of stories that were important and should have received wide-spread coverage, but were ignored by the mainstream media. Reports that would show the other side of an issue, and the lack of reporting is just more evidence that the mainstream media is in the tank for the progressive movement. What follows is my list of ten important stories that when unreported in 2011.
10. Chief Medicare Actuary Rips Obamacare In House Budget Committee Testimony – Richard Foster, the chief actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (the guy in charge of crunching the Medicare’s numbers) testified before the House Budget committee in late January and said that Obamacare would not suppress healthcare costs nor would it allow people to keep their present providers, a contradiction of the promise that Obama made to us.
9. Kathleen Sebelius Admits The Obamacare Books Were COOKED. They screamed, they begged, cajoled but everyone called them liars. Ever since the outline of the Obamacare began to be circulated people pointed out that the $500 billion dollars of Medicare savings were being double counted in the cost estimates.
In early March the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee heard testimony from HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Representative John Shimkus (R-IL) asked about the double counting of the $500 billion of savings which seemed to still helping the bottom line of Medicare and contributing to the funding of Obamacare. He asked Sebelius which program was supposed to receive the benefit of that Medicare cut, she answered, “Both,” admitting that we had been lied to for the past year.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
8. The STUXNET Virus, Is Queen Esther Saving the Jewish People From Persia Again? Computer Scientists who are analyzed the Stuxnet virus found file name that seemingly refers to the Biblical Queen Esther. The first directory inside the virus is named “Myrtus,” a reference to the myrtle plant. The Hebrew word for myrtle is the root of Hadassah which is Queen Esther’s Hebrew name. Given that another Persian, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes constant threats against Israel, that use of Myrtus could indicate a Jewish or Israeli involvement, or maybe a heavenly partner.
7. NASA Gets Caught Faking Climate Change Data: The consensus of global warming predictions is that the seas would rise about 3 feet because of climate change in the 21st century. But satellite data proved that the first decade of the 21st century sea level grew by only 0.83 inches (a pace of just 8 inches for the entire century). Even worse there has been no rise since 2006. So the scientists at the University of Colorado’s NASA-funded Sea Level Research Group did what any other self-respecting global warming alarmists would do, they fudged the numbers. They simply added .3 millimeters per year to its Global Mean Sea Level Time Series. Now they could report that the sea level rise was accelerating, instead of what was actually happening–decelerating.
6. Cowardly President Obama Refuses To Address The Key Middle East Issue In May, the President made a major speech about the Middle East. He made demands about Israel returning to the 1949 armistice lines but didn’t make any demands of the Palestinians to recognize Israel as the Jewish State. He called Israel a Jewish State, and he called for the Palestinians to recognize Israel’s right to exist, but he didn’t address the fact that both Palestinian President Abbas’ Fatah party and the Hamas party refuse to recognize Israel as the Jewish State, which is the most elementary of issues in this 63-year-old dispute. If Obama doesn’t have the courage to definitively call for the Palestinians to make this basic acknowledgement, can he really expect the Palestinians to do it on their own? And without that recognition, none of the other issues will be resolved.
5. A Heck-of-a-Loophole: Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway, Owes $1 Billion In Back Taxes In August, Billionaire friend of Obama, wrote an op-ed in the NY Times urging our government to stop coddling the super-rich and support Obama’s position that the rich should pay more taxes. What Buffet neglected to say is his own company; Berkshire Hathaway owes the federal government more than $1 billion in back taxes, a noted by Auditors in the Berkshire annual report. Perhaps Mr. Buffett should read his own annual report before he tells rich people to pay more, since he looks a bit foolish when his own company is not paying enough.
4. Congresswoman Maxine Waters-Obama is Only The President of the African-Americans In Maxine Waters’ warped mind President Obama hasn’t screwed up the economy, he has only screwed it up for Black people. On the day the President was to make his major jobs speech in September, Waters complained that the first Black President has not shown enough love to African-Americans.
“There are roughly 3 million African Americans out of work today, a number nearly equal to the entire population of Iowa. I would suggest that if the entire population of Iowa, a key state on the electoral map and a place that served as a stop on the president’s jobs bus tour were unemployed, they would be mentioned in the president’s speech and be the beneficiary of targeted public policy,” Waters told POLTICO, “So, one question to be answered this evening [during the speech] is, are the unemployed in the African-American community, including almost 45 percent of its youth, as important as the people of Iowa?” I guess equality is not in Maxine’s dictionary.
3) Congressman Steve Israel Betrays the Jewish State For Politics The fifth most important Democrat in Congress, who represents part of Long Island, Israel claims to be a huge supporter of the State of Israel and other Jewish causes. His deeds however, do not back up his words. While he has signed letters with other Congressman, not once has he stood up publicly to criticize the Obama administration’s anti-Israel policies. When the President was trying to legitimize the anti-Israel group J Street, Steve Israel obeyed orders and lent his name to the organization so they could recruit more people to its convention, he takes campaign dollars from Parviz Lavi, a man convicted of selling arms to Iran, and supported the very anti-Semitic Occupy Wall Street movement. With friends like Steve Israel, who needs enemies?
2. Obama’s Class Warfare Tactics Makes For Good Speeches—But He Isn’t Being Truthful. According to the IRS in 2009 (the last time they released these numbers) households making more than $1 million will paid an average of 29.1 percent of their income in federal taxes, including income taxes and payroll taxes, households making between $50,000 and $75,000 paid 15 percent of their income in federal taxes, households making between $40,000 and $50,000 will pay an average of 12.5 percent of their income in federal taxes and households making between $20,000 and $30,000 will pay 5.7 percent. So what is the president really saying when he says people should pay their fair share.
1. Climategate II Emails Show US and British Gov.s Colluded With Scientists to Suppress Data That Would Disprove Global Warming. Just before Thanksgiving, more than 5,000 emails were leaked online as a follow-up to the first set of Climategate emails released two years ago. The emails written by government officials and some of the world’s leading scientific proponents of the global warming theory show a systemic suppression of evidence, reports being “blessed” even though scientists knew they were using approaches that deviated from scientific procedures and even worse, direction by people in the United States and British Governments to some of those scientists to hide evidence that would dispute the global warming theory. If we are going to enact oppressive climate rules, which will hurt the worldwide economy while spending $37,000,000,000,000 world-wide to clean up “global warming” shouldn’t it be based on real scientific evidence, not selective reports which in aggregate work to sell a theory which at best is unproven, and at worst may very well be the biggest fraud perpetuated on mankind?
Those are my top ten, if I had more room there would be another fifty added to the mix. My Mom, of blessed memory, used to say there were three sides to every story, “his, hers, and the truth.” What you generally see in the mainstream media is only one of those sides. You must seek out other sources, such as the Jewish Star for other sides which get you closer to the truth. My Mom, whose birthday was 12/27, would insist on it.