Tonight starts the Festival of Shavuot, the anniversary of when God Gave us the Ten Commandments. I thought that I would post them below, before the PC Police says We can’t: Shemot – Chapter 20
1. God spoke all these words, to respond:
2. “I am the Lord, your God, Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
take our poll - story continues below
3. You shall not have the gods of others in My presence.
4. You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness which is in the heavens above, which is on the earth below, or which is in the water beneath the earth.
5. You shall neither prostrate yourself before them nor worship them, for I, the Lord, your God, am a zealous God, Who visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons, upon the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me,
6. and [I] perform loving kindness to thousands [of generations], to those who love Me and to those who keep My commandments.
7. You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain, for the Lord will not hold blameless anyone who takes His name in vain.
8. Remember the Sabbath day to sanctify it.
9. Six days may you work and perform all your labor,
10. but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord, your God; you shall perform no labor, neither you, your son, your daughter, your manservant, your maidservant, your beast, nor your stranger who is in your cities.
11. For [in] six days the Lord made the heaven and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day. Therefore, the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and sanctified it.
12. Honor your father and your mother, in order that your days be lengthened on the land that the Lord, your God, is giving you.
13. You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
14. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, his manservant, his maidservant, his ox, his donkey, or whatever belongs to your neighbor.”
15. And all the people saw the voices and the torches, the sound of the shofar, and the smoking mountain, and the people saw and trembled; so they stood from afar.
16. They said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear, but let God not speak with us lest we die.”
17. But Moses said to the people, “Fear not, for God has come in order to exalt you, and in order that His awe shall be upon your faces, so that you shall not sin.”