Its one thing if a post gets read and criticized, but sometimes a post does not get read at all which is very frustrating. Part of the reason a post wallows in anonymity is its headline. The weakest part of my blogging skills is headlines. That is only one of the reasons a post remains unread. Below are some very good posts written over the past year but you would never know it, unless you were one of the few people who read it. They are offered up again because they cover interesting topics and deserve further discussion.
1) May 1948, When American Foreign Policy Had The Moral Compass It’s Missing Today (5 Unique Page-views)
The first country to recognize the State of Israel was the United States. That recognition almost didn’t happen. It was purely by the will of the President, Harry Truman, that the UN Partition Plan was implemented.
Throughout the months leading up to May 14, 1948, the President made his wishes clear, he wanted a homeland for the Jewish People, not because of political reasons, but because it was the right and moral thing to do. Read the rest of the post here
take our poll - story continues below
2) Anti-Jewish Hatred From The Folks Who Call The Tea Party Racist(14 Unique Page-views)
The progressive world is usually very quick to place the “bigot” label on people. The people who opposed the ground zero mosque are Islamophobes, critics of the President are doing so because Obama partially of African descent. It is interesting that some of the same progressive media which tries to brand the tea party movement as racist spews bigoted venom against Jews. Read the rest of the post here
3) Iran Sanctions Won’t Work Without Credible Military Option Says Bibi to Biden (15 Unique Page-views) Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu Met met with the SCHMOTUS, Joe Biden yesterday to tell him its time to get serious about Iran. The “diplomacy” and sanctions are simply not working to stem Iran’s nuclear program.
Israel has publicly supported Obama’s outreach effort, but after two years has seen it bring nothing but the further empowerment of Iranian President Ahmedinejad who is getting credit throughout the radical Islamist world for staring down “the great Satan” Read the rest of the post here
4) Poll of Economists, The Pokulus Bill Was a Waste (22 Unique Page-views)The latest quarterly survey of buisness economists run by the National Association for Business Economics (NABE), presents both good news and bad news. The good news is that the economists believe that we have turned the corner and the economy is starting to recover. The bad news is a vast majority of respondents felt the fiscal stimulus had no impact. In other words the United States wasted almost a trillion dollars. Read the rest of the post here
5) Forty-One Years Ago Tonight, Sleeping on My Parents Floor To Watch The Moon Landing (27 Unique Page-views)
Forty-one years ago today, it seemed as if the entire world was united behind one event. A celebration of a miracle, two men walked on the moon. For those of us who grew up before twitter, facebook, and I-pads, the US space program was simply the coolest thing in the world–ever! I joined all of my friends in wanting to be Neil Armstrong or Buzz Aldrin (no one wanted to be Michael Collins because he stayed in space). Read the rest of the post here
6) Unmasking The Yitzchak Rabin “Myth”: He Wasn’t The Blind Peacemaker People Remember (28 Unique Page-views)
Its interesting how since his death, the myth of Rabin’s peacemaking expanded. While it is true that he was the Prime Minister who began the “Oslo Process, ” it is also true that his final vision for the process was to the right of supposedly “hawkish” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Rabin did not support the creation of a Palestinian State, nor did he support the division of Jerusalem. Rabin was not the “sacrifice everything for the sake of peace” type that the Labor Party Premiers who came after him were. In fact Yitzchak Rabin was the last prime minister of Israel that did not support the creation of a Palestinian State. Read the rest of the post here
7) Regime Change in Iran Will Happen From Within (32 Unique Page-views)
If a regime change will happen in Iran it will come from within. Over the last few years, the Iranian regime has been increasingly worried about a possible cultural change in Iran, fearing such a change might eventually destabilize the regime.
This is why the regime has been cracking down on every kind of artistic or cultural expression that is not deemed sufficiently Iranian and Islamic. Artists, filmmakers and actors, academics, intellectuals and authors – they are all suffering the heavy-handed oppression of the Iranian regime. Read the rest of the post here
8) New House Report: Obama Cares More About Gulf Clean-up PR Than Actual Clean-up (34 Unique Page-views)
Darrell Issa (R-CA), the ranking Republican on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has a real problem with priorities. Today he released a report charging that the PR about the Gulf Oil Clean-up issued by the White House is more important to the Administration than the actual clean-up.
Well of course it is! PR is more important to the President than just about anything. Look at all of the lies he has told in the name of PR, things like “you will be able to keep your health plan” or “there are no pork-barrel projects in the stimulus plan” or “I am a supporter of Israel.” Obama tells the country these PR tales because he doesn’t want us to get nervous, he is just pushing through what he wants because, to be frank, Obama knows better than us” (OK Sarcasm off). Read the rest of the post here
9) Austan Gooslbee Lied About NAFTA-Gate, Can We Really Trust Him Now? (36 Unique Page-views)
If you are looking for Barack Obama’s new Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers Austan Goolsbee to be anything but a political hack who will twist the truth to advance the President’s agenda, you may be disappointed. Mr. Gooslbee was the man behind one of the most oblivious lies made by the President’s staff during the campaign season.
During the Ohio Democratic Primary season, then Senators Obama and Clinton took turns declaring who hated the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) more (placating the Ohio steel industry). Obama said that he would renegotiate the NAFTA treaty but at the same time, Austan Goolsbee was telling the Canadians not to worry, Obama’s anti-NAFTA stance was just for show. Read the rest of the post here
10) New TARP Report: US Funded OTHER Countries’ Bank Rescues (It Didn’t Help)
(45 Unique Page-views)
If you are the type of person who starts flipping out every time you think about TARP program and what its done to the federal deficit stop reading now, because this will make you bleed from your ears.
Issued today, the Congressional Oversight Panel’s August oversight report, called “The Global Context and International Effects of the TARP,” shows that tens of billions of TARP dollars went overseas, and just like the the dollars spent here, they did little to stop the global slowdown. Also while the US gave money to international banks, where the money could flow overseas, our allies made sure that money from their TARP equivalents stayed in their own countries. Read the rest of the post here