The latest obsession of the mainstream media and other leftists is questioning the President’s mental health. Allow me to suggest that If they are correct and the President is mentally unstable it’s not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, if having a screw loose makes people as successful as Donald Trump was during the past eleven and a half months, we should pray it’s contagious and that everyone in Congress and the federal bureaucracy catches it (and me also).
For example, CNN’s media reporter Brian Stelter who has been attacking Trump since he started running said on “Anderson Cooper 360”:
“What would we say if the leader of Germany or China or Brazil posted tweets like Trump’s? How would we cover it? We’d say: That person is not well. We’d wonder whether that person is fit to hold office.”
Politico reported that Yale psychiatry professor Dr. Bandy X. Lee spent two days on Capitol Hill last month speaking to Senators about Trump’s mental state:
In private meetings with more than a dozen members of Congress held on December 5 and 6, Lee briefed lawmakers — all Democrats except for one Republican senator, whom Lee declined to identify. Her professional warning to Capitol Hill: “He’s going to unravel, and we are seeing the signs.”
John Heilemann said Trump seemed “demented and deranged, and Trump hater Bill Kristol tweeted that Pence should be preparing himself to take power in accordance with the 25th Amendment “in case it’s suddenly needed.”
There are other examples also, but none of the people questioning the president’s capacity address the most important point. Are president Trump’s incredible set of accomplishments during his first year in the White House a result of his supposed madness? Or do the accomplishments prove the armchair psychiatrists and shrinks who never examined the POTUS are the ones who are a bit “fruit loops?”
Just look at what this president who supposedly has a diminished capacity has been able to accomplish:
- Led Congress to pass tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealed oppressive Obamacare mandate.
- Fuel economic growth moving GDP above 3 percent.
- Boosted economic confidence, causing the Dow Jones index to grow to record highs and at a record pace.
- Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one, boosting economic growth.
- Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending one-sided environmental regulations.
- Withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership which had terms unfavorable to the US.
- Began renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement for the same reason.
- Convinced companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open new plants in the U.S.
- Ended Obama’s job-killing Clean Power Plan.
- Allowed military professionals freedom needed to win the war on terror, as a result, kicking ISIS butts.
- Normalized good relationships with Saudi Arabia that Barack Obama damaged by ignoring the red line he set.
- Started treating Israel like an ally, as opposed to treating it like an empire like Barack Obama did.
- Publicly admonished the Palestinians for inciting terrorism and paying “blood money” to terrorists.
- Ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants.
- Significantly reduced the number of illegal aliens slipping through the southern border.
- Appointed and got Senate confirmation for twelve federal appeals court judges an all-time record for a first-year president.
- Nominated and received confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
- Went to the Middle East and convinced some Muslim nations to join in fighting terrorism.
- Reinstated the “Mexico City Policy” killed by Obama which blocks foreign aid being used for abortions.
- Pressured North Korea to end its nuclear program, got UN to increase sanctions against the N Korean regime, living rent-free inside Kim Jung Un’s head, moving the despot to reopen talks with the south.
- Pressuring China to help get Kim Jung Un to behave.
- Ordered new sanctions on the despotic dictatorship in Venezuela.
- Pressured NATO partners to increase their military budgets to the level they had previously agreed to.
- Ordered the bombing of Syria for using chemical warfare against its own people, enforcing a red line Obama set and ignored.
- Used his personal relationship with China’s president to secure the release of three UCLA students arrested for shoplifting a pair of sunglasses.
- Kept his promise to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and began the process of moving US embassy to Israel’s capital city.
- Directed the Pentagon to upgrade and modernize America’s nuclear arsenal.
There are plenty of others but I am sure you get the point. President Trump has been incredibly successful for a “mentally unstable” man during his first year on the job.
During the Civil War, a committee of arrogant elitists met with President Lincoln and demanded General Grant’s removal, because, they claimed, he was a whiskey drinker, and little better than a common drunkard. “Ah!” exclaimed the great emancipator, “you surprise me, gentlemen. But can you tell me where he gets his whiskey?” “We cannot, Mr. President. But why do you desire to know?” “Because, if I can only find out, I will send a barrel of this wonderful whiskey to every general in the army.”
That’s how people should feel about the claims of President Trump’s diminished mental capacity. Arrogant elitists who never experienced a President speaking his mind without using flowery diplomatic words are claiming this president is becoming more cuckoo than a clock. But taking the cue from Abe Lincoln, we should find out what is causing what the liberals and mainstream media claims are the mental problems of the President to spread his success around.
Once we find out what is causing this mentally unstable success we should make sure that all Congressmen and the federal bureaucracy catch the same problem so they will be as successful as President Trump. And if there is any left, I would like some also. Please note if there isn’t any of Trump’s mental instability left, I’ll take a barrel of Gen. Grant’s whiskey as a consolation.