Can’t anyone in the Obama Administration or the Committee to Reelect the President (CREEP) tell the truth? Of course not! To tell the truth this progressive administration would need some respect for the citizens of America, instead we are considered their pawns to be shaped and manipulated into their leftist mold.
The latest controversy centers around a commercial released by an Obama SuperPac which features a man named Joe Soptic lying about the circumstances of his wife’s death in order to make Mitt Romney look bad.
When even the left-wing media was disgusted by Joe’s performance, spokesmen for CREEP denied having any knowledge of the commercial or the story. That too was a lie as the campaign (as opposed to a SuperPac) exploited the fake story about Joe’s wife three months ago.
The White House and CREEP have been trying to distance themselves from Joe’s disgusting lie:
- Obama Campaign Press Secretary Jen Psaki: “We Don’t Have Any Knowledge Of The Story Of The Family.” “But neither the campaign nor the White House passed judgment on the vicious commercial, which emerged from a super PAC backing Obama. ‘We have nothing, no involvement, with any ads that are done by Priorities USA. We don’t’ have any knowledge of the story of the family,’ Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One.” (Oliver Knox, “Obama Campaign: Don’t Blame Us For Ad Blaming Romney For Cancer Death,”ABC News, 8/8/12)
- Obama Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter: “ I Don’t Know The Facts Of When Joe’s Wife Got Sick Or When She Died .” CUTTER: “You do know that we don’t have anything to do with Priorities USA. By law, we’re not allowed to coordinate with them, and by law, we don’t have anything to do with their ads. I don’t know the facts of when Joe’s wife got sick or when she died.” (CNN’s “Starting Point,” 8/8/12)
- Obama Campaign Advisor Robert Gibbs: “ I Certainly Don’t Know The Specifics Of This Man’s Case.” GIBBS: “This is an ad by an entity that’s not controlled by the campaign. I certainly don’t know the specifics of this man’s case. I do think there is a lot of concern in the country about what happens when people lose their jobs.” (MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” 8/8/12)
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
The facts tell a much different story.
- While Team Obama Insists It’s Not “Familiar” With The Story Of Priorities USA Star Joe Soptic, All They Have To Do Is “Check Their Own Campaign Archives.” “When President Obama’s aides said they weren’t familiar with former Missouri steelworker Joe Soptic’s life story, all they had to do was check their own campaign archives. Soptic, laid off from Bain Capital-owned GST Steel, stars in a Priorities USA Action spot this week in which he tells of how his wife died without health insurance after he lost his job.” (Reid J. Epstein, “Team Obama Says They Don’t Know Story Of Man Who Stars Of Its TV Ad, Conference Call,” Politico, 8/8/12)
- Obama Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter Hosted A Call With Soptic In May.“But Cutter hosted an Obama campaign conference call in May in which Soptic told reporters the very story featured in the Priorities spot.”[see video above] (Reid J. Epstein, “Team Obama Says They Don’t Know Story Of Man Who Stars Of Its TV Ad, Conference Call,” Politico, 8/8/12)
- Joe Soptic, The Star Of The Priorities USA Ad, Was Featured In An Obama Ad In May That Called Romney A “Vampire.” “Joe Soptic, the star of a new Priorities USA Action ad attacking Mitt Romney and a former employee of GST Steel, implies that Romney killed his wife – but it’s not the first charge he’s leveled at the presumptive Republican nominee. Soptic was featured in the controversial ad aired by the Obama campaign in May that called Romney a ‘vampire’ – a charge that drew condemnation from Democrats, including Newark Mayor Cory Booker.” (Zeke Miller, “Man In Super PAC Ad Starred In Controversial Obama Ad,” BuzzFeed, 8/8/12)
- “Soptic Also Appeared, Wearing What Appears To Be An Identical Shirt, In A May Television Ad For The Obama Campaign.” (Reid J. Epstein, “Team Obama Says They Don’t Know Story Of Man Who Stars Of Its TV Ad, Conference Call,” Politico,8/8/12)
- “Soptic Was Also Featured On The Obama Campaign Website.” (Zeke Miller, “Man In Super PAC Ad Starred In Controversial Obama Ad,” BuzzFeed, 8/8/12; Grant Fuller, “Faces Of Romney Economics: Joe Soptic, American Steelworker,”Obama For America, 5/15/12)
The only question left is did CREEP lie about not knowing the Joe Soptic’s fake story because they were trying to cover-up coordination between the campaign and SuperPac (which is illegal), were they lying because CREEP and Obama did not want to be associated with such a universally panned commercial, or were they lying because this President, CREEP, indeed this entire administration do not know how to tell the truth?