At midnight on May 14, 1948 the Provisional Government Proclaimed a new State of Israel. On that same date the United States, in the person of President Harry Truman (against the state department’s advice) recognized the provisional Jewish Government as de facto authority of the Jewish State. Six months later Norway did the same.
But when the Hamas and Fatah had their short truce and the two terrorist organizations, each calling for the destruction of Israel, united to form a Government in the Palestinian Territories. Each of the terror groups has a platform which says that armed resistance will continue until Israel no longer exists as a Jewish state. Unlike 1948, within minutes Norway recognized the new Palestinian government, and said it would normalize relations with the Hamas-Fatah terrorist coalition. The reason for this recognition is Norway’s Long track-record of hating Jews.
Before you start leaving comments that I am saying that any country that supported the Hamas/Fatah Government was Anti-Semitic…Look at the Norway track record:
Over past decades Norway has build a reputation of Israel hatred that is unparalleled even when compared to other Scandinavian countries(themselves no fans of Israel)
take our poll - story continues below
Author Yoram Kaniuk, who has been hosted in Oslo several times in recent years, said that when talk turns to politics, “you discover bottomless hatred. The impression is that suddenly it is permissible to say anything – against Israel and against Jews … Have you ever heard them talk like that about what the Russians are doing in Chechnya, or about the oppression of 40 million Kurds?” Unlike in many other European countries, attitudes in homogeneous Norway are not the product of a large Muslim population. (Ha’ aretz 4/02)
What Ha’arez does not say is that Norway is no big fan of Jews. As outline by the countries beloved philosper and member of The Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav (an honor awarded by the King ) Jostein Gaarder:
We laugh at this people’s whims, and cry over its misdeeds. To act as God’s chosen people is not only foolish and arrogant, it is a crime against humanity. We call it racism. […] There are limits to our patience and there are limits to our tolerance. We do not believe in divine promises as a rationale for occupation and apartheid. We have left the Middle Ages behind. We laugh with embarrassment at those who still believe that the god of the flora, fauna and galaxies has chosen one particular people as his favorite, and given them amusing stone tablets, burning bushes anda license to kill. (source Wikopedia)
Norway has always been a country active in Jew hatred
- King Christian V 1687, banned Jews from Norway, unless they were given a special dispensation. Jews found in the kingdom were jailed and expelled. This ban persisted for 150 years.
- In 1814, Norway signed its first constitution that included in its second paragraph a general ban against Jews . In principle, Portuguese Jews were exempt from this ban, but it appears that few applied for a letter of free passage. When Norway entered into the personal union of Sweden-Norway, the ban against Jews was upheld, though Sweden at that point had several Jewish communities.
- It was two Norwegian companies Norsk Hydro and Statoil that provided Hitler with the gas needed for his “final solution”
- The civilian Norwegian police (politiet) in many cases helped the German occupiers in the aprehension of those amongst the Jews who failed to escape in time.
- 2002-Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg (Labour Party) was the main speaker in a demonstration before the Parliament building, Stortinget, where the swastika was used to present Israel’s Prime Minister as a nazi, and where Israel was represented as the symbol of death. The Labour party has a long track record of Jew hatred.
- The Labour Youth Organization’s wish is to dismantle the Jewish state:Hatred of the Jews is not confined to the Labour movement, it appears that politicians and spokesmen who grew up under the influence of its ideology have been imbued with a programme to eradicate the Jewish state. Young AUF members, now becoming today’s top leaders of the Labour Party, already in 1971 encouraged the destruction of Israel: “The AUF will support the forces that fight for national and social liberation of the Palestinian people. Long term peace is dependent on Israel’s termination as a Jewish state, and that a progressive Palestinian state is established…” (Retold by Haakon Lie, earlier Secretary General of the Labour Party in his book “As I see it”, page 132). This implies that the Labour Party, through its recruiting organisation, the AUF, believes that Israel should be dismantled, and the way to do it is to establish an Arab-Palestinian state – the ultimate goal for the peace process. We have not been told that the AUF or the Labour Party has rescinded these anti-Jewish statements and the ideas to eliminate Israel. On the contrary, hatred of the Jews has penetrated further into the government and even into the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Erez Uriely, Director-The Norwegian Israel Centre against anti-Semitism (NIS) Jan 2006
- 2003 State Secretary Raymond Johansen of the Foreign Ministry expressed his understanding for the Arab war against the Jews and declared that Norway recognises an Arab right to attack Jews (Dagsavisen 23rd June 2003)
- In early 2004 a municipally employed teacher in Kristiansand was been prevented from wearing a Star of David around his neck. (Norwegian Broadcasting)
- January 2006 Minister of Finance, Kristin Halvorsen, urges a boycott of trade with the”Jews of Israel.”
- On July of 2006 the congregation of Oslo’s shul issued an advisory warning Jews not to wear Kippahs or other identifying items in public for fear of harassment or assault
- In Sept 2006 Oslo’s synagogue, attacked with machine gun fire.
Today the Hatred in Norway continues, Anti-Semitism is growing in Norway, and Norway is the only country which is demonizing Israel to such a degree, claims the Author Manfred Gerstenfeld. Pamela has that story, to read up on this latest hatred CLICK HERE as the story continues.