The California legislature passed an extremely aggressive package of 40 new green bills, and Gov Gavin Newsom signed them into law on September 16. They come at a time when California didn’t have the energy available to allow people to plug in their electric vehicles or keep the AC running during a heat wave. (The Epoch Times) So instead of helping the citizens of his state, he doubled down on controlling them.
“This month has been a wake-up call for all of us that later is too late to act on climate change. California isn’t waiting anymore. Together with the Legislature, California is taking the most aggressive action on climate our nation has ever seen…We’re cleaning the air we breathe, holding the big polluters accountable, and ushering in a new era for clean energy. That’s climate action done the California Way—and we’re not only doubling down, we’re just getting started. ” Gov Gavin Newsom statement
Apparently, it hasn’t been an actual “wake-up” call because Newsom and the liberal legislature are ignoring the problems of green energy. Apparently, they have no concept of how lithium batteries are constructed, the need for fossil fuels to make them, or the fact that carbon-belching China has its fingers in many of those batteries’ ingredients. The long list of new bills includes actions on everything from industries to homeowners and promises the elusive “environmental justice” and Marxist “equity.”
One issue with climate change is that all the laws in the world will not stop the planet from heat waves or drought (which still can’t be tied to man-made global warming. Another is that climate change has not been proven.
All the so-called proof is not based on actual evidence. Only models.
Basing everything on models is like a computer program that predicts the winner of each game of the season. Then, instead of playing the games, the NFL awards the Super Bowl without any games being played.
There is no way for the model designers to understand all the factors influencing Earth’s climate. Except for a few of my cousins, they just can know it all. But gullible politicians like Gavin Newsom make policy and risk their state’s economy based on a model missing elements needed for accuracy.
Gavin doesn’t enjoy searcactual for actual facts. But if you were looking for a dictator, look no further. He’s your guy. Take a look.
Some of the bills Newsom signed are:
- AB 1279 by Assemblymember Al Muratsuchi (D-Torrance) – The California Climate Crisis Act.
- AB 1384 by Assemblymember Jesse Gabriel (D-Encino) – Resiliency Through Adaptation, Economic Vitality, and Equity Act of 2022.
- AB 1389 by Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes (D-Colton) – Clean Transportation Program: project funding preferences.
- AB 1749 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Community emissions reduction programs: toxic air contaminants and criteria air pollutants.
- AB 1757 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: climate goal: natural and working lands.
- AB 1857 by Assemblymember Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Solid waste.
- AB 1909 by Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-Glendale) – Vehicles: bicycle omnibus bill.
- AB 1985 by Assemblymember Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – Organic waste: recovered organic waste product procurement targets.
- AB 2061 by Assemblymember Philip Ting (D-San Francisco) – Transportation electrification: electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- AB 2075 by Assemblymember Philip Ting (D-San Francisco) – Energy: electric vehicle charging standards.
- AB 2108 by Assemblymember Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – Water policy: environmental justice: disadvantaged and tribal communities.
- AB 2204 by Assemblymember Tasha Boerner Horvath (D-Encinitas) – Clean energy: Labor and Workforce Development Agency: Deputy Secretary for Climate.
- AB 2278 by Assemblymember Ash Kalra (D-San Jose) – Natural resources: biodiversity and conservation report.
- AB 2316 by Assemblymember Christopher Ward (D-San Diego) – Public Utilities Commission: customer renewable energy subscription programs and the community renewable energy program.
- AB 2440 by Assemblymember Jacqui Irwin (D-Thousand Oaks) – Responsible Battery Recycling Act of 2022.
- AB 2446 by Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena) – Embodied carbon emissions: construction materials…
One of the bills proposed but failed is ABC 0001- It officially names Gavin Newsom as an idiot who doesn’t care about the people of his state.
Out of the 40 bills signed were actions to advance carbon neutrality no later than 2045 and have the “final plan incorporate new efforts to advance offshore wind, clean fuels, climate-friendly homes, carbon removal and address methane leaks.”
Instead of beautiful ocean views, you’ll get to look at wind turbines that won’t do squat to help the state cope with the need for energy. But they will continue to kill hundreds of thousands of birds. Where is PETA when you really need them?
One commenter on the report asked an epic question: “Why not just pass a law banning all people from the state?” Good question. It shouldn’t be a problem since the state is bleeding residents already from all the restrictions on living. And Newsom wants to be president, which might make sense. He wants to use the climate change hypothesis to ruin the economy, just like Biden.
Heaven help us all from politicians.
Parts of this post were first seen at Conservative Firing Line