President Obama is a bully, he doesn’t like being questioned or crossed. Like most of the bullying kind, if you disagree with him he will go after you with personal attacks full guns blaring. Just look at some examples of the people who have crossed the President and got smack down by the Bully-in-Chief or his agents:
- Gianna Jessen, a young woman who was born alive after a botched abortion.
- Joe the Plumber
- Retired Teachers and Cops who’s pension funds were the primary investors in Chrysler.
- The People at AIG who received contractually obligated bonuses.
- Bob Basso, the guy who made those Tom Paine videos.
- Gerald Walpin, the Inspector General he fired because Michelle’s friend was being investigated
- Neal Cavuto, when a guest on his program suggested that Obama’s pick for Surgeon General was too fat. Even though Cavuto told his guest that comment was out of line.
- Senator Jim DeMint. Instead of blaming his party’s “Blue Dogs” for the health care hold-up, its all DeMint’s Fault
There is no end to the Presidential anger, so beginning with today there will be a new regular feature to The Lid, Who is Obama Bullying Today ? (inspired by the regular Hot Air feature Obamateurism of the Day)
Today’s Winner is Sgt. James Crowley the white Cambridge, Mass policeman under fire for arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr.
For those of you who have been in hyperspace all week during the President’s Wednesday Press Conference Obama answered a question about the Gates incident by saying that he did not have all the facts then proceeded in calling the Cambridge Police Stupid.
Today the POTUS spoke to Sgt.Crowley, and gave him something that didn’t even qualify as a non apology-apology. Then he spoke to the Press and then said in part:
“Because this has been ratcheting up and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up, I wanted to make clear in my choice of words I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sgt Crowley specifically,” Mr Obama said.
What part of the “Police Acted Stupidly” is not “maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sgt Crowley specifically.”
The President went on to say:
“I continue to believe, based on what I have heard, that there was an overreaction in pulling Professor Gates out of his home to the station,”
Despite the POTUS’ refusal to stop attacking Sgt Crowley, there is a legitimate police reason to ask Gates to leave the house. They got a call to a house that might be in the process of being burglarized. That same house was robbed recently. When an owner of a house comes to the door in that situation, even if the police believe that he is the owner, the police will generally ask the home-owner to step out of the house, just in case there is a robber in the house with a gun to the back of the home owner. Sgt. Crowley was following standard police procedure. President Obama doesn’t want to understand that, because Crowley is an easy target.
So Sgt Crowley, for Standing up to the wrath of the Bully-in-Chief you are the Person that Obama is bullying today.