For anybody who has followed the tea party movement and the summer town halls this should come as no surprise, the latest Rasmussen poll reports that American voters are just plain pissed off at the federal government. They feel that our “leaders” are just out for themselves.
Seventy-one percent of voters nationwide say they’re at least somewhat angry about the current policies of the federal government (up 5% points since Sept.) and 46% who are very angry, that number us up 10% since September.This trend is being led by the over 40 set as over half of those voters are very angry.
- Among the nation’s Political Class, just six percent (6%) are angry. However, among those with more Mainstream, or populist, views, 85% are angry. A majority of Americans today hold views that can be described as Mainstream or populist.
- Fifty-two percent (52%) of voters nationwide believe neither Republican nor Democratic political leaders have an understanding of what is needed today.
- Sixty-five percent (65%) of Republicans and 59% of unaffiliated voters say that neither party has the answers.
- The latest numbers show that only nine percent (9%) of voters trust the judgment of America’s political leaders more than the judgment of the American people. Seventy-four percent (74%) place more trust in the wisdom of the crowd.
- Seventy-one percent (71%) believe the federal government has become a special interest group that looks out primarily for its own interests. Sixty-eight percent (68%) believe that government and big business work together in ways that hurt consumers and investors.
For months voters have been objecting to the high levels of government spending, and the growing debt. Other Rasmussen reports have indicated that they would prefer to have the porkulus bill canceled an the remaining funds being used for a tax cut. But congress and the President have not listened to the voters, and so fare the economic results have been disastrous. The Rasmussen numbers reflect that growing frustration.
Voters also object to the way the progressive-dominated federal government is trying to shove government controlled health-care down their throats, put it all together, voters will be looking for real change in the 2010 Congressional elections.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
Only one third of voters feel their representative in Congress is the best person for the job, vs 42% who disagree and 25% are not sure. This may indicate that much of the frustration is directed toward congress.
When you take Democrats out of the mix the numbers get even worse. Only 24% of Republicans and 25% of independents voters, 25% of conservatives and 25% of moderates believe their local representative is the best person for the job indicating a “throw the bums out” mentality sweeping the nation.
Voters also feel disenfranchised.
50% believe the high reelection rates result from election rules that are “rigged to benefit members of Congress.” It is worth noting that the word “rigged” is a strong term included in this survey question. The fact that half the nation’s voters believe the election rules are “rigged” is a testament to the high levels of distrust in the country today.
Pissed off, ignored and Disenfranchised,that is not a great formula for a republic. President Obama and his Democratic Lemmings have made “real change” in America, unfortunately most voters feel very little of that change is good.