- Pelosi Ignores Today: Under the Obama administration the unemployment rate reached a 26-year high of 10.2 percent. The current unemployment rate is 9.6 percent. Participation in the federal food stamp program has set records for 20 straight months. On average, 43.3 million people are expected to receive food stamps each month in the fiscal year that began October 1, 2010. Yet on September 30, 2010, Speaker Pelosi adjourned the Congress without preventing a recovery-crushing $3.9 trillion tax increase on all Americans—the highest tax increase in history.
- Pelosi Ignores Today: In March 2003, the nation’s unemployment rate stood at 5.9 percent. In February 2009, the Obama administration promised that with passage of the Democrats’ $1.2 trillion stimulus, unemployment would not rise above eight percent. Today, the nation’s unemployment rate stands at 9.6 percent, and the unemployment rate has been above nine percent for the past 17 months, including a 26 year high of 10.2 percent in October 2009.
- Pelosi Ignores Today: The economy has lost nearly four million jobs on President Obama’s watch. According to Gallup, “Underemployment peaked at 20.4 percent in April and has yet to fall below 18.3 percent this year.”
- Pelosi Ignores Today: The Associated Press reports that the unemployment rate has been stuck above 9.5 percent for 14 consecutive months, the longest stretch since the 1930s. There are currently 15 million Americans unemployed.
- Pelosi Ignores Today: In October of 2003, the unemployment rate stood at 6 percent and 203,000 jobs were created. After four years of Democrat leadership in Congress and 21 months of President Obama’s tax-and-spend policies, on October 8, 2010, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the unemployment rate remained at 9.6 percent. According to BLS data, 2.25 million jobs have been lost since January 2009.
The fact that Nancy Pelosi blasted George Bush on issues seven years ago but gives Barack Obama a free pass today shows her real concern is not the people of the United States, her only concern is politics. Sadly she runs the Democratic Caucus in the House of Representatives with an iron fist. Voters in the upcoming mid-term elections should keep in mind that every vote for a congressional Democrat is a vote for Nancy Pelosi. While it is true Nancy Pelosi is only on the ballot in one congressional district, she controls the votes of most of the Democrats in the other districts.