Was Nancy Pelosi bashing Republicans because she was experiencing some guilt due to of her long history of hate speech directed toward the GOP? It did seem that she was deflecting from her own abusive language when speaking to reporters on Thursday. Pelosi slammed Republicans who criticized liberal hate speech as a cause of the attempted mass murder of the Congressional Republican baseball team earlier this week.
As described by the Free Beacon:
“Can you comment on the possibility that this incident could be used against Democrats or the Democratic Party politically because the assailant was apparently motivated by some kind of anti-Republican sentiment and we have heard comments from Republicans, including Congress, about vitriol rhetoric from the left being in some way to blame?” the reporter asked.
Pelosi responded by calling Republicans’ comments outrageous.
“The comments made by my Republican colleagues are outrageous,” she said. “Beneath of the dignity of the job they hold, beneath the dignity of the respect we would like Congress to command.”
“How dare they say such a thing. How dare they,”
Pelosi’s statement may have been made as a deflection from her long history of vile, hatful comments made about Republicans. Or perhaps from a guilty conscience for making statements such as the ones shown below:
- May 2004: “I believe that the [Bush #43] president’s leadership and the actions taken in Iraq demonstrate an incompetence in terms of knowledge, judgment and experience.“
- August 2009: I think [Obamacare protesters at Town Halls] they are Astroturf. You be the judge … carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on health care.
- April 2014: “I think race has something to do with the fact that they [Republicans] are not bringing up an immigration bill.”
- July 2016: “I think that so many times white, non-college-educated white males have voted Republican. They voted against their own economic interest because of guns, because of gays, and because of God,”
- September 2014: “Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if Republicans win the Senate,”
- October 2016: “I think that many of them [Republicans] are supporting him [Trump]for the reason that Republicans support Republicans. They don’t want to pay their fair share of taxes.”
- June 2017: “How is he [Trump] ever going to explain to his grandchildren what he did to the air they breathe — assuming they breathe air.”
- Jan 2017: “They [religious Republicans] pray in church on Sunday and then prey on people the rest of the week,
Note: there are many more examples where those came from.
Poor Nancy Pelosi, the nation is demanding unity and the end to divisive speech by politicians. Many have realized that the source of much of that divisive hate speech comes from the Democratic Party, it can’t be long before people realize that SHE is a big contributor to that record of Democratic hate speech. That’s why she came out to rip the GOP on a day when most Politicians were calling a truce.
Below is a video of the comments she made Thursday: