You may Remember a post from few weeks ago relating an incident where Senator Joe Biden threatened to cut off Aid to Israel. Joe Biden’s campaign has claimed that incident NEVER HAPPENED, so I did a bit more exploring. This post on My Right Word, uses the Israel Government and NY Times as additional sources for the indecent. During my investigation, I found a few more example of Joe Biden’s questionable position on Israel. As Joe Biden’s running mate said yesterday, “you cant change the facts.” I would like to hear the Biden Campaign explain these away. Each of these pro-Israel letters or bills below had the support of over 70% of the Senate, BIDEN was not a supporter:
- June 2008, Landrieu/Collins Letter to President Bush Supporting Israel’s Quest for Peace, 77 Signers: Sen. Biden did not sign this pro-Israel letter which had 77 signers.
- December 2005,Talent/Nelson Letter Urging Pres. Bush to Press Palestinian Leadership to Bar Terrorist Groups from Participating in Palestinian Legislative Elections, 73 co-signers: Sen. Biden did not sign this letter barring terror groups from participating in Palestinian elections which ultimately had 73 co-signers.
- March 2004, Schumer-Hatch-Clinton-Smith Letter Urging Kofi Annan to Reverse Support for ICJ Hearings on the Security Fence, 79 Signers: Sen. Biden did not sign this letter urging Kofi Annan to reverse support for the International Court of Justice Hearings on the Security fence which ultimately had 79 signers.
- November 2001, Bond/Schumer Letter Urging President Not to Meet with Arafat until the Violence Ends, 89 Signers: Sen. Biden did not sign this letter urging President Bush not to meet with Arafat until Palestinian violence ceased. The letter had 89 signers.
- March 1998, Mack/Lieberman Letter Urging the Clinton Administration Not to Pressure Israel, 82 Signers: Sen. Biden did not sign this pro-Israel letter that had 82 signers.
- May 1993, Kennedy/Grassley Letter Urging President to Press Syria let Syrian Jews Leave, 73 Signers: In 1993, Sen. Biden refused to sign this letter which called on Syria to allow Syrian Jews to leave Syria. Ultimately, 73 signers approved.
So Joe if you are such a big friend of Israel, why did you refuse to sign these letters?