It was the day that the British mandate was ending. The leaders of the Zionist movement gathered in a modest building in the southern part of Tel Aviv. The building chosen because it had a better chance of withstanding an air raid.
It is the natural right of the Jewish people to lead, as do all other nations, an independent existence in its sovereign State.
ACCORDINGLY WE, the members of the National Council representing the Jewish people in Palestine and the World Zionist Movement, are met together in solemn assembly today, the day of termination of the British Mandate for Palestine; and by virtue of the natural and historic right of the Jewish People and of the Resolution of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
WE HEREBY PROCLAIM the establishment of the Jewish State in Palestine, to be call Medinath Yisrael (The State of Israel).
With that, what was a dream for over two thousand years was now a reality. God had had lead us back to the promised land.
The Egyptian Bombing attacks began a few hours later.
David Ben Gurion’s address lasted less than two minutes But his words were full of peace and hope. He promised us that the two millennium of wandering was over, a State where Jews all across the world would be able to call home.
Israel’s 61th birthday is much bigger than this one blogger, so rather than celebrating this Gala day with some verbose prose of my own, I present some of the best Happy Birthday Israel writing from across the blog world.
I invite you to read all of these great posts celebrating the birth of a miracle:
- The Rubin Report examines Israel at 61: Successful, Natural, Though Not Inevitable
- Dry Bones Celebrates Israel Independence Day
- My Friend Chaim shares the Joy On Israel’s 61st Birthday
- At the Zionist Conspiracy you can read61 things I Like about Israel – For Israel at 61
- Cosmic X Just wants to say Happy Independence Day
- Muse Reminds us to be thankful 61 Years and Praising God
- Elder of Zion is Proud to be a Zionist – 5769 edition
- Enjoy the Celebration of Israeli Independence Day Eve in Ofra
- Israel’s Remembrance/Independence Day is definitely a Jewish Current Issue
- The Sultan Knish reminds us What Was Done Once, Can Be Done Again
- The Muqata shows the celebration at Happy Birthday Israel!
- Soccer Dad talks Of Israel and Cisterns
- And My Mother’s Favorite Blog, The Lid has ISRAEL–The 61 Year Old Miracle, A Personal Observation
- Vos Iz Neias? Jerusalem – Israel Celebrates 61st Independence Day; Obama Congratulates Vows To Advance Peace talks
If you have a post you would like for me to add please email me and I will put it up.