Ladies and Gentlemen, step right in For THE AMAZING SHOW–its SEE The watch the One— the Only — The Master of Using Semantics to Say ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY Nothing…Mr. SPIN HIMSELF–MAHMOUUUUUUUD AAAAAAABAS. And as a SPECIAL added BONUS–WATCH OR AMAZING FREEK SHOW !!! Where Abbas himself feeds real bull crap to the European Union and they swallow it all –HOOK, LINE and STINKER ! Watch the AMAZING ABBAS SAY “The PA must recognize Israel.” Watch him leave out the words “as a Jewish state” SEE The European Union eat up every last drop. LADIES AND GENTLEMAN AND CHILDREN OF ALL AGES—BE WOWED as you see the German Chancellor Angela Merkel Praise the ending of violence between the Hamas and Fatah while forgetting the rockets fired at Israel EVERY day. FOLKS ! Our show is not without humor, LAUGH UNTIL YOU CRY as you see British PM Tony Blair, trip over his own feet trying to find the impossible a Palestinian Moderate. Remember this show is RATED R: For Ridiculous Europeans fall for it again.
Abbas: PA must recognize Israel and forswear violence
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and the EU agreed Friday that the incoming Palestinian national unity government must recognize Israel’s right to exist and forswear violence.
At a press conference with EU foreign affairs chief Javier Solana, Abbas sought to reassure international donors by saying, “We remain committed to the two-state solution, the recognition of Israel, renouncing violence and terror” and to adhere to existing agreements between Israel and the Palestinians.
Abbas was in Brussels after meeting earlier in the day with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin. He was seeking support for a resumption of direct international aid to the Palestinian government that was halted last summer after Hamas, which seeks Israel’s destruction, won parliamentary elections.
Merkel, whose country now holds the rotating EU presidency, said in Berlin that the power-sharing deal between Abbas’ Fatah faction and the militantly Islamic Hamas was positive because it stopped recent fighting between the two that cost some 130 lives.
“It is good that the bloodletting, especially in Gaza, has been stopped but there is a difficult stretch in front of us,” Merkel said after meeting with Abbas.
In Brussels, Abbas said that “the most important thing is to give Palestinians and Israelis new hope …that peace and stability is possible.”
In a nod to key demands of the so-called Quartet of Middle East mediators, the US, the UN, Russia and the European Union, he agreed that the incoming unity government must recognize Israel’s right to exist, renounce violence and accept past peace deals.
However, a Fatah-Hamas agreement negotiated in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, says the new government must “respect” previous accords and makes no reference to recognizing Israel or renouncing violence.
Solana told reporters the EU continued to insist on the Quartet demands and was awaiting the formation of a national unity government before taking any decision on resuming direct aid.
The ZOA shows how Abbas’ recent words and deeds contradicting his current claims:
- On recognizing Israel: “It is not required of Hamas, or of Fatah, or of the Popular Front to recognize Israel” (Al-Arabiya [Dubai] and PA TV, October 3, translation courtesy of Palestinian Media Watch).
- Fighting Israel: “We have a legitimate right to direct our guns against Israeli occupation … Our rifles, all our rifles are aimed at The Occupation” ( Jerusalem Post, January 11, 2007; Independent Media & Review Analysis, January 12, 2007).
- On Jews: “The sons of Israel are corrupting humanity on earth” ( World Net Daily, January 11, 2007).
- On Israel: “the Zionist enemy” (Associated Press, January 4, 2005; CNN.com, January 7, 2005).
- On disarming Palestinian terrorists: a “red line” that must not be crossed (Washington Times, January 3, 2005
- On jailed Palestinian terrorists: “our heroes.” (Israel National News, May 26, 2006).
- On Palestinian terrorist leaders Yasser Arafat, Hamas’ Ahmad Yasin and Abdel Aziz Rantisi and Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s Fathi Shikaki: “martyrs” (Palestinian Media Center , September 9, 2005).
- On the so-called ‘right of return’: “We won’t give up on this issue” (Yediot Ahronot, November 12, 2006; Israel National News, November 12, 2006).
- Abbas has partially funded the salaries of members of Hamas’ so called Executive Force, an armed terrorist group created by Hamas in May 2006 that consists of over 5,000 men, many from Hamas’ Iz el-Din al-Qassem Brigades, which is listed on the U.S. list of terror organizations (Reuters, October 6, 2006).
- In June 2006, Abbas endorsed the so-called Prisoners’ Plan, which supports terrorism, does not accept Israel’s legitimacy as a Jewish state, abrogates Palestinian obligations under past agreements and insists on the ‘right of return.’
- In May 2006, Abbas named a wanted terrorist, Mahmoud Damra, to command one of Fatah’s military units, Force 17. Damra is wanted by Israel for leading shooting and roadside bomb attacks against Israelis, including the killing of IDF soldiers near Neve Tzuf in 2000 and of an Israeli citizen near Tapuach, in Samaria, in 2001. (Israel National News, May 30, 2006).
- He approved legislation mandating financial benefits to be paid to families of Palestinian shahids [dead terrorists] (Israel National News, December 11, 2005).
- Abbas rebuffed President Bush’s call at the June 2003 Aqaba summit to accept Israel publicly as a Jewish state.
- Abbas wrote a Ph.D. thesis and a book denying the Holocaust.
ZOA National President Morton A. Klein said, “Abbas’ statement is simply another Orwellian big lie. Every claim he made today is untrue, as the list of his recent statements and acts easily demonstrates. In any case, Hamas is now the leader of the PA unity government and explicitly rejects recognizing Israel and fulfilling past signed agreements, so it doesn’t matter what Abbas says to the contrary. “Additionally, one should note what Abbas has not said or done — he has not condemned terrorism against Israelis or the killers that perpetrate it as a moral obscenity which must end. And he has not fulfilled any of the Palestinian signed obligations to arrest and jail terrorists and end the incitement to hatred and murder in the PA-controlled media, mosques, schools and youth camps that feeds terrorism and rejection of Israel. His claim that the PA accepts Israel, renounces terror and accepted signed agreements is meaningless and untrue.” “Until the PA fulfills it obligations, there is simply no peace process and there should be neither rewards for nor concessions to the PA by Israel, the U.S. or any other state.”