On Morning Joe today President Obama announced in a (God Forbid) second term he would like to create a cabinet level Secretary of Business:
President Barack Obama signaled if he wins a second term he would appoint a Secretary of Business to oversee newly-consolidated government agencies, including the Small Business Administration, and predicted “a war” will break out within the Republican Party after the Nov. 6 election.
“We should have one Secretary of Business, instead of nine different departments that are dealing with things like giving loans to SBA or helping companies with exports,” Mr. Obama said in an interview that aired Monday on MSNBC. “There should be a one-stop shop.”
Mr. Obama blamed Congress for such consolidation not happening during his first term because lawmakers have been “very protective about not giving up their jurisdiction over various pieces of government.” But the president has done little to push the idea himself.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Beyond the obvious fact that there are already enough SOBs in the Obama administration, there is already a Cabinet position which handles business, its called the Department of Commerce. So what the president is really calling for is an expansion of the Federal Bureaucracy for no reason except it sounds good.
Here are some other redundant departments the president may want to consider:
- The Department of Making Friends with other countries
- The Department of Counting the Deficit
- The Department of Sucking Up to unions
- The Department of protecting our borders
- The Department of Preventing the Exploitation of Americas carbon fuel resources.
- The Department of Shrubbery
- The Department of Lawyers who do the President’s bidding, send guns to violent gangs and ignores black on white racial crime.
- The Department of Deciding Who Gets what medical care.
The president already has redundancy with his Czars, but adding all these redundant departments will put Americans to work, even if it drives the country bankrupt. We’ve seen it work so many places, just never when people are awake.