Today there was a massive Fatah rally in Gaza, the highlight of which was an appearance by Muhammad Dahlan, Fatah’s Gaza “capo” As part of his rallying cry he said the the Members of Hamas are murderers:
Dahlan: Hamas are murderers
Ali Waked YNET Tens of thousands of Fatah supporters gathered for a mass rally in Gaza Sunday, held against the backdrop of an ongoing violent struggle between the group and the rivaling Hamas movement in the last few weeks. “Hamas are murderers,” shouted Muhammad Dahlan, Fatah’s strongman in Gaza in his speech, “But we shall not respond with blood, but with a unity of Fatah.”
Kind of makes you wonder how they define Murderers. Take a look at this partial list of what Fatah has done in the last two years:
- 2006-today: Missiles fired at the Negev. since the cease fire with Abbas (Fatah’s leader) there have been over 80 missiles fired at homes in the Negev. Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades, part of the Fatah movement has taken responsibility for most of them.
- April 17, 2006: Nine people were killed and at least 40 wounded in a suicide bombing near the old central bus station in Tel Aviv. The blast ripped through Falafel Rosh Ha’ir, the same restaurant that was hit by an attack on January 19. The Islamic Jihad and Fatah’s Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades both claimed responsibility for the attack.
- March 30, 2006: Four people were killed in a suicide bombing outside Kedumim in the northern West Bank. The Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigades took responsibility for the attack.
- October 16, 2005: Palestinian gunmen killed three Israelis and wounded as least 5 others in two separate drive-by shootings in the West Bank. The Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for both attacks.
- August 28, 2005: A suicide bombing outside the Central Bus Station in Beersheba severely injured two security guards who stopped the bomber from entering the bus station. Islamic Jihad and Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the attack.
- July 23, 2005: Two people were killed and three others wounded in a drive-by shooting near the Kissufim crossing in the Gaza Strip. Islamic Jihad and Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the attack.
- June 24, 2005: Two teenagers were killed and three others wounded in a drive-by shooting near Hebron. The Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigade claimed responsibility for the attack.
- January 13, 2005: Six Israelis were killed and five other civilians were wounded in a double suicide bombing at the Karni crossing between Israel and the Gaza Strip. The two suicide bombers used a very large explosive device to blast through a defensive wall that separates the Israeli and Palestinian sides at the crossing. Following the blast, the bombers crossed into the Israeli side, carrying explosives on their bodies, which they detonated. Hamas and the Fatah al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades claimed joint responsiblity for the attack.
The article goes on to say:
The rally marked the 42nd anniversary of the movement’s establishment and served as an impressive show of strength for Fatah, after long months in which its members have literally disappeared from the streets, leaving control in Hamas’ hands.
This is actually my favorite part of the article. Now lets see 2006-42 =1964. Wait a second that can’t be, 1964? why if my math is right that was three years before the Six Day War when Israel took control of the West Bank and Gaza. But Fatah is the party of the Moderate Abbas and Frances favorite hero Arafat. I have been hearing that all these poor people want is their own state, they started killing Israelis three years early. That’s because Fatah joins Hamas on the list of Killers, and because despite what much of the world thinks (including Olmert) Fatah’s agenda remains the same. They don’t just want the West Bank and Gaza…they want everything from Jordan to the sea.The Fatah Constitution explicitly calls for the destruction of Israel through violent means. It has not been amended, and can be read in English on Fatah’s official website. It states as the organization’s primary goal:
- “Article (12) Complete liberation of Palestine, and eradication of Zionist economic, political, military and cultural existence.”