Note to Readers: In order to make sure this article will be read by progressives, I asked a friend of that persuasion to scrub the post below for objectionable terms so please excuse the “cross-outs”
Sometimes it’s very hard not to feel empathy for the progressive media; their arguments keep getting
shot down rejected. While most Americans have been occupied with praying for the wounded or mourning for the loss of the dead respirationally challenged from that horrible Tuscon shooting perpetuated by the mentally imbalanced Jared Loughner, the progressives in the mainstream media have been occupying their time attacking placing blame on everyone and everything conservative.
Take NY Times columnist/MIT economist Paul Krugman for example. He wrote a piece that placed the blame directly on the
wrong side of the aisle, blaming the shooting on their choice of words
..it’s the saturation of our political discourse — and especially our airwaves — with eliminationist rhetoric that lies behind the rising tide of violence.
Where’s that toxic rhetoric coming from? Let’s not make a false pretense of balance: it’s coming, overwhelmingly, from the right. It’s hard to imagine a Democratic member of Congress urging constituents to be “armed and dangerous” without being ostracized; but Representative Michele Bachmann, who did just that, is a rising star in the G.O.P.
The Nobel Prize winning economist couldn’t have really meant it because as TV’s Andy Levy
pointed out, less than 14 months ago Krugman opined
A message to progressives: By all means, hang Senator Joe Lieberman in effigy.
Was Krugman being hypocritical? No way. Klugman’s a genius for
God’s Pete’s; he won the Nobel Prize just like President Obama! He had to have made the charge claim knowing that it would seem hypocritical. I bet he had no other choice! In fact, I bet all of the progressives had no other choice.
Sometimes when a child gets hurt they
strike out complain about the first thing they can. And usually it’s something of which they are frightened. The progressives felt so much pain over the shooting and deaths in Tucson this past weekend they needed to lash out at someone, and because they are most frightened about the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, talk radio, FOX News etc., racist haters, they lashed out with false claims against the things that gave them nightmares.
Though it may be a natural reaction, the progressives’ false charges are divisive and
fight against make it difficult to have a political dialogue between the right and left. The left doesn’t really want to make false claims, they are simply immature not age appropriate and have nowhere else to go.
Being a unifier I decided to help by redirecting the progressive blame elsewhere. That’s right; I have developed other favorite
targets issues for those progressives in the mainstream media, Congress, and even the dopey I.Q. deficient Sheriff Dupnik, to attack place blame on:
- Global Warming- During the past two years the left has blamed global warming for Incredible shrinking sheep, Invasion of jellyfish in the Mediterranean, Surge in fatal shark attack, Boy Scout tornado deaths, Severe acne, Global conflict, Beer tasting different, Suicide of farmers in Australia, Bigger tuna fish, longer days, shorter days, Collapse of gingerbread houses in Sweden, Cow infertility, UFO sightings in the UK, Rise in insurance premiums, and Heroin addiction and a rise in bear attacks in Japan and Frigid Cold Winters in Great Britain, and Cancer, Death from heart disease, diabetes, stroke, respiratory disease and even accidents, homicide, suicide, water -borne disease outbreaks, heavier, wetter snowstorms treacherous for travel and ambulation, Lyme disease, swarms of allergy-inducing, stinging insects, along with mosquitoes and devastating pine bark beetle infestations and the spread of forest and crop pests just to name a few, what’s one more thing?
- Israeli settlements (or the Jews) – Israel is a favorite target of the progressive mainstream media. For example the New York Times,Washington Post and LA Times are famous for their anti-Israel bias. To mix things up a bit, they can blame the Jews too. Progressive media are famous for their attacks on Jews also. MSNBC commentator Pat Buchanan, for example a Holocaust revisionist who
opposed did not support the Kagan nomination because it would put too many Jews on the Supreme Court (he also complained that there were too many Jews in the Senate).
- American Idol– Not normally a progressive target issue, but let’s face it, last year the show was
so lousy did not meet its usual high level of quality –it drove fans crazy. What if shooter Jerold Lougner was an Idol fan? He certainly got the crazy part down pat.
- George Bush- What can be said, old reliable.
- The US Constitution. In 2008 when he was running for president, didn’t Obama say the Constitution was “fundamentally flawed?”
Didn’t Congressman Clyburn say the other day one of the sources of the Tucson shooting incident was the reading of the Constitution
in the House? How many times have you heard a progressive say that society, not the
good person who committed a bad act, was the real problem behind crime in the US?
Well, why not say all of that rhetoric that is distasteful [when uttered by a conservative] but it was not the fault of the speaker but the fault of the First (free speech) and Second Amendment (right to bear arms). Blaming the Constitution isn’t a big stretch; many in Congress are already calling for
restrictions government guidelines on free speech and gun high-speed small projectile dispenser ownership simply because of Jared Loughner’s actions.
- Former Congressman Alan Grayson and Press Secretary Robert Gibbs- How’s this for a progressive scenario? Shooter Jared Loughner was secretly a
right-wing blogger racist liar. When Grayson lost did not succeed in his reelection bid, Loughner became despondent because of the loss of so much good copy. When Robert Gibbs followed just a few weeks later with his announcement about leaving the administration, the impact of losing two easy copy sources so close together was too much for poor Loughner to take. The guy snapped developed severe issues.
See what I mean? Instead of criticizing the progressive mainstream media for their foolish attacks on
the Tea Party, Sara Palin and Conservative Talk Media irresponsible Americans, we should be helping them out. America should be inventing other targets for their wrath opportunities for them to transfer their blame on to.
One caution, a friend of mine suggested that the blame for the sad events should be placed on the shooter, Jared Loughner.
Don’t fall into that trap! Don’t make that mistake! The mainstream media will never blame a crime undocumented act on the criminal good person who did a bad thing. That would be ridiculous! Everyone knows that the idea of personal responsibility is abhorrent distasteful to the progressives and their agenda.