Democratic Party hatred
They won’t admit it, but the Trump rhetoric that spurred the Democratic Party and the mainstream media to start calling him and his supporters racist were said in June 2015, “So ladies and gentlemen…I am officially running… for president of the United States.” But the Democratic Party started spewing anti-Republican hatred long before June 2015, and their attacks go way beyond one GOP politician.
Anti-Republican hatred has been spewing from the Democratic Party for as long as I can remember. During the previous administration, anyone who disagreed with Barack Obama’s policies was called racist or other nasty names. It hasn’t stopped, instead of engaging in political discussion, Democrats portray their Republican opposition as sub-human, narcissistic, greedy, rich, fat-cat, corporate chieftains and/or hillbilly, gun-toting, women-hating, religious fanatics, and racist xenophobes who hate Jews and want to reinstitute slavery–and those labels are used when the Dems are feeling friendly.
When there is a gap between Republican and Democratic positions, rather than using facts or trying to convince their political opponents their stance is the correct one, Democrats tend to dehumanize their political opponents by name-calling, and applying labels to anyone who agrees with the GOP stance. Thus they’ve been attempting to teach Americans that Republicans aren’t people who disagree with their political position, but instead, they are sub-human hate mongers.
Allow me to provide some examples (there are lots more where the below came from):
- In the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, people who believe in the sanctity of life weren’t described as pro-life, they were misogynists who were conducting a war on women.
- Led by the president himself, people who disagreed with Barack Obama’s policies, even if those disagreements were based on policy, were labeled as racists. But it wasn’t just the President, Rep. Hank Johnson said the NRA was racist because it opposed Obama on gun control. Charlie Rangel claimed the Tea Party, whose goal was smaller govt, and lower taxes was racist. Jesse Jackson stated that the Tea Party “should be called the “Fort Sumter Tea Party that sought to maintain states’ rights and slavery.”
- According to many Democrats, people who object to illegal aliens aren’t motivated by the rule of law, they are anti-Hispanic or racist or both. Democrat Phil Ramos (D-NY), believes the very word illegal, in and of itself, is RACIST.
- Democrats assume if one is a Republican or conservative they are naturally anti-Semitic. For example, the ADL, which is a front group for the Democratic Party, falsely labeled Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter, and others on the right side, Jew-haters. They don’t do the same with Democrats, and to be honest, it’s not just the ADL. The leftist group Media Matters labeled this blogger who has been a pro-Jewish activist most of his life as a “serial Jew-basher.” And they had the nerve to do it on a Saturday when I’m not on-line.
- Republicans hate Muslims! Well at least according to many Democrats. And this label was applied long before President Trump issued his executive order (which are not anti-Muslim). To the Democrats, anyone who used the term, Radical Islamists, Islamofascists, Muslim Terrorists, etc., are Islamophobic. Among those who accused were the late Alan Colmes, Campus Progress, CAIR, Professor Engy Abdelkader.
- A sampling of other things declared racist include the slogan “Make America great again” which Bubba Clinton also used, Melania Trump’s White Dress, Pro-Trump white women, and Republicans who support the African-American Dr. Ben Carson.
- My personal favorite occurred this week. NBC contributor Frank Figliuzzi proposed the theory that President Trump was sending a message to white supremacists with his order to fly American flags at half-staff until Aug. 8. The letter “H” is the eighth letter of the alphabet, so according to Figliuzzi August 8, or 8/8 stood for HH or Heil Hitler.
There are so many other examples, GOP politicians like President Bush and Sarah Palin have been labeled as ignorant. When they oppose tax increases, Republicans are conducting a war on the poor. Republicans who opposed Obamacare wanted Seniors to die. And on and on.
For too long, the Democrats have refused to call Republicans “people with a different opinion as to how America should be run.” Instead, the left calls GOPers names with the sole purpose of convincing voters Republicans are some sort of evil hate group.
Last night I spoke to a good friend telling him I was tired of unfairly labeled as a hater, and being personally attacked in ways I can’t bear to repeat. But in the end, there’s no choice. Either I continue or I walk away. Walking away would grant me relief from being labeled as a hater by online liberals and liberals in my family and community. And I wouldn’t have to spend so much time fighting for traffic or begging Facebook to take me out of their penalty box.
But I love this country too much, get a thrill from researching and understanding the behind-the-scenes of American politics, and really enjoy sharing it with you, my readers while learning from your comments and emails. Along with all of that, I will never walk away because the one label I won’t ever let liberals pin on me is quitter.
Democratic Party hatred