This country is fighting a war against Islamic terror, the economy is on the abyss of collapsing under its own debt and growth slow an/or non existent, the IRS is targeting American citizens because of their political views, and the DOJ is targeting the press just because, Obamacare is driving health care costs up, no one in the administration seems to give a rats ass about four hero Americans who were killed in Benghazi, and we cant find out who authorized the sale of automatic weapons to the Mexican drug cartels but none of that seems to matter to these members of Congress, they have a much different issue–much more important than any of the above.
Ten members of Congress have sent a letter to Redskins owner Daniel Snyder urging the team to change their name because it’s offensive to Native Americans. The Ten are he Co-Chairs of the Congressional Native American Caucus Tom Cole (OK) and Betty McCollum (MN), Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ), Gwen Moore (WI), Michael M. Honda (CA), Donna M. Christensen (VI), Zoe Lofgren (CA), Barbara Lee (CA), Eleanor Holmes Norton (DC), and Eni F.H.Faleomavaega (AS) (note Elizabeth Warren head of the Fake Native American Caucus did not sign the letter).
The letter says in part:
The current Chairman and Chief of the Penobscot Nation, Chief Kirk Francis, recently stated in a joint statement that the [R-word] is ‘not just a racial slur or a derogatory term,’ but a painful ‘reminder of one of the most gruesome acts of . . . ethnic cleansing ever committed against the Penobscot people.’ The hunting and killing of Penobscot Indians like animals, as declared by Chief Francis, was ‘a most despicable and disgraceful act of genocide.’
take our poll - story continues below
. . . In this day and age, it is imperative that you uphold your moral responsibility to disavow the usage of racial slurs. The usage of the [“R-word”] is especially harmful to Native American youth, tending to lower their sense of dignity and self-esteem. It also diminishes feelings of community worth among the Native American tribes and dampens the aspirations of their people.
Oh Come ON! The only massacre the name Washington Redskins reminds me of is Superbowl XXII. This PC nonsense has to stop and these members of congress need to get back to the real work or resign their seats!
Two months ago Washington DC council member David Grosso raised the same subject.
Grosso says a majority of his fellow councilmembers have agreed to co-sponsor the nonbinding resolution.
team’s nickname has been the subject of renewed debate in recent
months. A group of Native Americans has launched a new court battle to
deny the team federal trademark protection, which would essentially
force a name change.
Grosso’s resolution suggests “Redtails” as a
new nickname. He says it would honor the Tuskegee Airmen and allow the
team to maintain its fight song and color scheme with a few minor
REDTAILS? I’m sorry but that’s no name for a football team. Redtails connotes someone whose arse is sore because he got whupped.
Tell you what Mr. Grasso, before you worry about pro football perhaps you should work on fixing the escalators in the Metro Stations. My daughter is working in DC for the summer and she hasn’t found one that works!
Thankfully Redskins owner Dan Snyder has promised he would never change the team’s name, but just in case I present this list of alternates below:
- The Yids with Lids: Yes my nickname Yidwithlid is a pejorative term for Jooooos that’s why it was chosen–as a “screw you” to anti-Semites (hey if I think Redskins is OK…).
- Here’s an idea, what about naming the team after former IRS chief Doug Schulman and call them The Easter Egg Rollers.
- Thank God We’re Not The NY Jets: OK a little long but it’s a chant that should be heard in every NFL stadium.
- An Animal Name? Many Pro-football teams have animal names, the
Dolphins, Jaguars, Cougars, and Superbowl winner the Ravens. How about
an animal associated with the nation’s capital such as The Lame Ducks.
- Washington D.C. is the seat of the federal government; other teams
have taken their names from federal institutions such as the former
baseball team the Senators. Football is a sport with large menacing
athletes, so perhaps they could adopt the name, The Bloated Bureaucracy.
- Since Washington DC is the center of American Politics, perhaps the team could take on a name related to politicians like The Hacks or The Spinners or even the Obamacare Granny Killers.
- Tampa Bay has the Buccaneers, Oakland has the Raiders, so I thought Washington have The Stealers, but that won’t work because its too close to the Pittsburgh team. But how about The Taxers or even The Redistributors or even The IRS Hit-Squad?
- Baseball’s Nationals took the name because D.C. is the capital of
our country. Nationals seems a bit soft for a football team, at first I
thought of The Constitutions but realized that wont work because very few in DC know what the Constitution is–as an alternate how about something tougher
such as Criminally Trespassing Aliens which avoids the anti-PC term illegal aliens and certainly sounds tough?
- There is the possibility of calling them the RG3s after all RGIII is the franchise.
- How about taking a number, after all the 49ers have a long history of winning football. Why not call the team the Washington 17 Trillions? The problem with this name is the team will have to change what they are called every year (as long as Obama is president).
- The press is big industry in Washington, what about changing the team’s name to The DOJ Scandals. Its timely!
There is one more option. There are teams with the name of an occupation
associated with the city…like the Dallas Cowboys. Using that method
the football team could be called the Congressmen Who Ignore their Jobs and Waste Time on Idiot PC Issues.