Fox News is reporting that according closed door testimony to congress report, the folks working at the CIA annex in Benghazi knew very well that there could be attacks on 9/11 anniversary last year, they even posted a warning on a bulletin board at the annex warning of hostilities against western targets during that period. And their suspicions had nothing to do with a bad you tube video.
The witnesses which included CIA personnel and former contractors also voiced concern about Ambassador Chris Stevens’ visit to Benghazi right before the 9/11 anniversary.
Given an understanding between the local CIA personnel and the nearby State Department operation that they would come to each other’s aid, the CIA on the ground in Benghazi was aware of Stevens’ arrival in Benghazi on Sept. 10, according to the witnesses. But they told lawmakers they were puzzled as to why Stevens was there during a period of heightened threat without significant additional security.
The new testimony appears to challenge the findings of the Accountability Review Board — known as the State Department ARB — which explicitly stated that the Benghazi consulate and the State Department “were well aware of the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks but at no time were there ever any specific, credible threats against the mission in Benghazi related to the September 11 anniversary.”take our poll - story continues below
Witnesses also testified that as early as August 2011, 13 months before the Benghazi terrorist attack, it was understood by CIA personnel at the annex that military assets were moving out of the region, and the CIA operation was potentially left exposed in the event of a terrorist strike.
Fox News is told the directive reflected the fact that NATO operations were winding down, and as a result, fewer military assets were in the region. It was described as a hard copy document. The CIA declined to comment. As a matter of policy, the agency does not discuss internal communications.
According to the report Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland – who is leading the House subcommittee investigation on Benghazi – is also trying to find out why the CIA personnel were asked to sign a second non-disclosure agreement at the ceremony honoring the two former CIA contractors and Navy SEALs, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who were killed by mortar fire defending the CIA annex in Benghazi.
The agreements, one of which CIA personnel had already signed before the May event, have raised concern among some lawmakers that CIA personnel were being pressured not to talk about Benghazi.
Westmoreland said the witnesses testified they did not feel “threatened” but the circumstances did not feel right. “I think the timing speaks for itself,” Westmoreland said. “We are going to run everything we got to the ground.”
The Benghazi scandal keeps rolling along under the radar of the mainstream media. While CBS tried with their 60 minutes the fact that they were snookered by a false witness, has driven the rest of the mainstream media off the case.