You know its getting to the point that maybe we should all stay home on election day and let ACORN vote for us. Its bad enough the the media is skewing the news to make Senator Obama look good, but we are losing our voting franchise. Thanks to Acorn, the tool of Senator Obama, there is the very real possibility that voter fraud will give the Senator a victory in at least 8-10 states. It looks as if the latest state to join the voter fraud club may be Pennsylvania:
Stealing Pennsylvania: “Massive Fraud” By Jeffrey Lord Published 10/10/2008 4:09:45 PM
A retired Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice says that she is “not confident we can get a fair election” in the state come November.
Justice Sandra Newman, accompanied by Dauphin County District Attorney Edward Marsico and Pennsylvania Republican State Chairman Robert Gleason, expressed her concerns at a Harrisburg press conference this morning. A thick document replete with photo copies of phony registrations and aerial shots of vacant lots used as “addresses” for “voters” was handed out to journalists.
“Between March 23rd and October 1st, various groups, including ACORN, submitted over 252,595 registrations to the Philadelphia County Election Board” with 57, 435 rejected for faulty information. “Most of these registrations were submitted by ACORN, and rejected due to fake social security numbers, incorrect dates of birth, clearly fraudulent signatures, addresses that do not exist, and duplicate registrations. In one case, a man was registered to vote more than 15 times since the Primary election.”
“Voter fraud is no longer just a Philadelphia problem,” Gleason said, with ACORN targeting key counties across the state. Counties specifically cited included:
* Delaware County: One of four key suburban counties that surround Philadelphia and are at the heart of the campaign by the forces of Senator Barack Obama to carry the state. In one instance, an ACORN employee circulating voter registration forms in Delaware County was featured on the Pennsylvania “Megan’s Law” website, described as having been arrested for “aggravated indecent assault” of a child. Other ACORN circulators had prior criminal records for forgery and giving false information to a police officer, among other charges. Gleason has provided copies of complaints from actual Delaware County voters who were notified by the local election board of their “new” registration to vote. One voter wrote that he “did not complete this form because this information does not match my info at all. I have been a voter for many years. Did not recently register to vote.” Said another: “I did not submit any application for voter registration…While the spelling of my name and address is correct, the birth date and Drivers License (sic) number are incorrect.” And another angrily wrote that the “personal information” on a form submitted in her name “IS NOT ME.” She added: Please have the county investigate this. I feel my identity is being compromised.”
* Philadelphia County: The situation in the state’s largest city is so bad the Philadelphia City Commission, which supervises the registration of Philadelphia voters, voted unanimously to “voluntarily” turn over its extensive records to the United States Attorney’s office for prosecution.
* Dauphin County: Dauphin County (the location of the state capital) District Attorney Marsico said the situation was so bad in Harrisburg that one ACORN worker is now being sought by authorities for submitting more than 100 fraudulent voter registration forms. The charge is 19 counts of perjury. One Harrisburg lobbyist, a voter for 30 years, had received notification she had recently filled out a registration form. The lobbyist went straight to the DA with her complaint. Marsico said that what was happening with ACORN “affects the integrity of the process” and that the volume of phony registrations made him “sure that others are going on” that have been undetected.
* Allegheny County: Pittsburgh. Here District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr. and county police Superintendent Charles Moffatt have just announced, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, that “they are investigating and considering charges against ACORN staffers and other voter registration groups.”
* Centre County: The home of Penn State, which enrolls more than 40,000 students at its home campus. Justice Newman said there was a “massive effort” to fraudulently register students, with efforts aimed at “multiple registrations.”
* Erie County: The county at the northwestern tip of the state with its largest namesake city, here too students at local colleges are being targeted in “student registration drives” designed to register voters 18 and over “multiples of times.” Student registrants, registered to vote in their home states, had “pending absentee ballot applications” submitted so they could vote for president both in Pennsylvania and elsewhere. The Director of Elections in Erie has reported the telltale “same handwriting” on applications, according to Newman.
Marsico added that he believed the attempted fraud was being perpetrated in smaller Pennsylvania counties as well, counties where the resources to investigate simply don’t exist.
Perhaps most humorously was the role of 21st century technology in tracking down several attempted frauds. Through the wonder of Google, aerial shots displayed the following:
* 2418 Curtin Terrace in Philadelphia is — an empty field.
* 3103 S. 24th Street in Philadelphia — ditto.
* 4543 N. 11th Street in Philadelphia — ditto.
And so on. And on again.
Asked whether the Pennsylvania State Democratic Party had come forward to work with the GOP on the ACORN voter fraud issue, Gleason tersely shook his head. One source did say that much of the impetus for the fraud was “an Obama effort,” as opposed to the Democratic Party as an institution.
All of this brings Pennsylvania into focus as yet another key battleground state where a serious effort is being made to, bluntly put, steal the presidency in a move reminiscent of the attempts made by the 2000 Gore campaign in Florida. Just as ACORN’s efforts have been directed at key electoral states such as Florida, Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico Ohio, and Wisconsin, so within Pennsylvania have its efforts been targeted at key Pennsylvania counties. For decades the internal electoral math of the state for Republicans has been to overwhelm the heavy Democratic vote in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with strong showings in the Philadelphia suburbs, Central Pennsylvania, and western counties outside Pittsburgh.
Thus have ACORN’s fraud efforts — those at least that have been detected — been directed at Philadelphia (where increasing the Obama total to counter less enthusiastic support from white ethnics becomes critical), Delaware County in the pro-GOP Philadelphia suburbs, Dauphin County (in the heart of Central Pennsylvania) and Erie in the Northwest.
Is it really possible that the presidency could be stolen for Obama by virtue of a massive voter fraud here in Pennsylvania? And elsewhere? ACORN seems to think so. One so-called “non-partisan” ACORN member, Gleason pointed out, has been captured on video tape saying the group’s objective was to “beat McCain down.” Not exactly “non-partisan” sounding, is it?
Newman, the retired Supreme Court Justice, was blunt on the evidence: “I don’t want a president who does this.”
ACORN clearly does. Makes you wonder: why?
Jeffrey Lord is a Reagan White House political director and author. He writes from Pennsylvania.