Regular readers of “The Lid” know my friend John Hawkins is the Master of the list post. Not only does he find/research/create lists that I never would have thought of, but he executes them in a compelling and interesting way.
John out-does himself with his latest list, The 50 Best Political Quotes For 2011 (Third Annual)
Not only is this a great article, it’s loaded with conservative quotes, as opposed to the ones you read in the mainstream which are just puff pieces pushing liberals and mocking conservatives. John strikes a balance and gives perspective.
Here are a few quotes that made the list.
Do you think the 2nd Amendment will be destroyed by the Biden Administration?
48) Seriously, in 2008 we elected a community organizer, state senator, college instructor first term senator over a guy who spent five years in a Vietnamese prison. And now he’s lecturing us about how America’s gone “soft”? Really? —Jonah Goldberg
38) [The Tea Party] has to be the first “Totalitarian” movement in the history of mankind that, if it gets everything it wants…will leave you the hell alone. — Ed Driscoll
31) I give the president credit for at least one thing. He’s proven that someone can deserve a Nobel prize less than Al Gore. — Tim Pawlenty
28) If we were real domestic terrorists, shoot, President Obama would be wanting to pal around with us, wouldn’t he? — Sarah Palin
21) My name’s Ronnie Bryant, and I’m a mine operator…. I’ve been issued a [state] permit in the recent past for [waste water] discharge, and after standing in this room today listening to the comments being made by the people…. [pause] Nearly every day without fail — I have a different perspective — men stream to these [mining] operations looking for work in Walker County. They can’t pay their mortgage. They can’t pay their car note. They can’t feed their families. They don’t have health insurance. And as I stand here today, I just … you know … what’s the use? I got a permit to open up an underground coal mine that would employ probably 125 people. They’d be paid wages from $50,000 to $150,000 a year. We would consume probably $50 million to $60 million in consumables a year, putting more men to work. And my only idea today is to go home. What’s the use? I don’t know. I mean, I see these guys — I see them with tears in their eyes — looking for work. And if there’s so much opposition to these guys making a living, I feel like there’s no need in me putting out the effort to provide work for them. So as I stood against the wall here today, basically what I’ve decided is not to open the mine. I’m just quitting. Thank you. — Ronnie Bryant
18) My next door neighbor’s two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than this administration. — Gary Johnson
12) If you don’t have a job and you are not rich, blame yourself. — Herman Cain
6) Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer. Pull your pants up and buy a belt ‘cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt. If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? They don’t hire you ‘cause you look like you’re crazy. You have damaged your own race. — Mayor Michael A. Nutter
This is just a taste of John’s post….this one is a real winner and you should give it a read by clicking here The 50 Best Political Quotes For 2011 (Third Annual)