Rasmussen released three studies today, all of which show that America is turning against President Obama and his policies, something that is sure to make Nancy Pelosi cry once again (maybe even real tears this time)
Overall the President’s approval rating is continuing to sink; 32% of the American voters strongly approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent strongly disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8. According to Rasmussen, the Presidential Approval Index serves as a leading indicator by declining months before the President’s overall job approval ratings fell, which means Obama’s overall approval rating will continue to plunge.
After a week of revelations regarding the ACORN, who along with the SEIU do the President’s grass roots bidding, there is little support for the criminal enterprise’s continued involvement with the US Government:
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of U.S. voters now say Congress should end all federal funding of the controversial community organizing group ACORN.
- A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 17% favor continued taxpayer support of the Association for Community Organizations for Reform Now. Thirty-two percent (32%) are not sure.
- Among those who have been very closely following recent news stories about ACORN, which describes itself as “the nation’s largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people,” 80% think all federal funding should be ended.
- Only 15% of voters now have even a somewhat favorable opinion of ACORN, while 67% have an unfavorable view of the group. Those figures include only three percent (3%) with a very favorable opinion and 47% with a very unfavorable view.
- Eighty-five percent (85%) of Republicans, 73% of voters not affiliated with either major political party, and 44% of Democrats have an unfavorable view of ACORN.
- Liberal voters are evenly divided—35% favorable and 38% unfavorable. Eighty-two percent (82%) of conservative voters give ACORN unfavorable marks along with 60% of political moderates.
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today?
And a far as the Presidents Health Care Plan, opposition is way UP,56% of voters nationwide now oppose the health care reform proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s the highest level of opposition yet measured and includes 44% who are Strongly Opposed. Just 43% now favor the proposal, including 24% who Strongly Favor it.
Opposition to the plan has jumped 10 percentage points in one week and is now 3 percentage points higher than before Obamas prime time speech;
These numbers do not bode well for the President and his Democratic party controlled government. Although it is still very early, unless they start listening to America,in 2010, Nancy Pelosi might start crying for real.