Happy Anniversary! One year ago today, during a March 16, 2020, White House press conference, President Trump, Dr. Fauci, and Dr. Birx announced the 15-Days To Slow The Spread program, which began the shut down of the American economy.
365 days and a few peaks later, COVID-19 is still spreading, albeit at a much slower pace thanks to President Trump’s “Operation Warp Speed,” which so far has produced three vaccines in record time.
The “15 Days” were the latest in a series of Trump administration serious moves attempting to fight the pandemic. Already demonstrated on this site were the specific actions the Trump team took immediate action on the virus during the last nine days of January 2020 and the first two weeks of February and itemized that during the same time period Joe Biden and his team downplayed the seriousness of COVID-19. Not that anyone who followed the MSM would know about Trump’s actions or Biden telling America the ChinaVirus was no big deal. The Democrats and their sycophants in the mainstream media lied about both reactions.
The timeline below demonstrates that in the weeks leading up to the shut-down, the Trump Team was still acting against the virus, and the Biden team was still downplaying COVID and fighting against Trump’s moves. Note the black items below were made by Trump and his team, while the brown were made by Biden and his team.
- February 18: HHS announced it would engage with Sanofi Pasteur to quickly develop a CoronaVirus vaccine and develop a treatment for CoronaVirus infections.
- February 20 – Biden Public Health Advisory Committee member Dr. Zeke Emanuel said, “many of the experts are saying, well the warm weather is going to come and, just like with the flu, the CoronaVirus is going to go down and may move into the Southern Hemisphere. Adding that“Healthy young people do not seem to be at very high risk; if they get it, they typically get a mild case… In that regard, it sort of behaves like the flu. A lot of us get the flu, but serious cases that cause mortality tend to be focused on the elderly and those with other chronic diseases.”
- February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion in emergency funding to help combat the spread of the CoronaVirus, America understands the word emergency, but some in Congress don’t. On the same day, Pelosi invites everyone to come to San Francisco’s Chinatown.
- February 27: President Trump tells attendees at an African American History Month reception, “It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” He adds that “from our shores, you know, it could get worse before it gets better. Could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.” Liberal media freaks In the short term with headlines, Trump says it may get worse. Soon they change their story to the President promised that COVID is going away immediately (he didn’t).
- February 27 – Top Biden advisor Ron Klain said, “Here’s one more thing everyone should do. They should, tonight, go down to Chinatown in their city and buy dinner or go shopping there. What we see inevitably, what we’re seeing already, is … people staying away out of needless fears about CoronaVirus.”
- February 29: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allowed certified labs to develop and begin testing CoronaVirus testing kits while reviewing pending applications.
- February 29: The Trump Administration announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea. Barred all travel to Iran because of the COVID outbreak there. Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days. This is another message to the American people that CoronaVirus is s major threat.
- March 3: The CDC lifted federal restrictions on CoronaVirus testing to allow any American to be tested for CoronaVirus “subject to doctor’s orders.” And President Trump donated his paycheck to fight COVID.
- March 4: Secretary Azar announced that HHS was transferring $35 million to the CDC to help state and local communities that have been impacted most by the CoronaVirus.
- March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the CoronaVirus outbreak. The bill gave $7.76 billion to federal, state, & local agencies to combat the CoronaVirus and authorizes an additional $500 million in waivers for Medicare telehealth restrictions.
- March 11: WHO Finally declares that COVID-19 is a pandemic.
- March 11: President Trump announces travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the last 14 days. Directs the Small Business Administration to issue low-interest loans to affected small businesses and called on Congress to increase this fund by $50 billion, and tells the Treasury Department to defer tax payments for affected individuals & businesses, & provide $200 billion in “additional liquidity.”
- March 12 – On CNN, Biden Public Health Advisory Committee member Lisa Monaco replied “no” when asked if President Trump’s 30-day ban on travel from Europe is the right move. She also sharply criticized the travel restrictions imposed by the Trump administration on China. “It’s not the best thing they can do right now to contain this virus.” A week later, her boss and the future president tweeted to Trump about the China travel ban, “Stop the xenophobic fear-mongering. Be honest. Take responsibility. Do your job.”
- March 12 – Biden tweets, “A wall will not stop the CoronaVirus. Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.” True, it won’t stop it, but it sure as heck slowed it down! A year later, as president, Biden allows people to illegally cross the border without being tested for CoronaVirus. Many are later found to be ill with the virus.
- March 13: President Trump tells the public he is declaring a national emergency over CoronaVirus, allowing him to access $42 billion in existing funds to fight the virus.
- March 16: White House issues 15 Days to slow the spread. CoronaVirus Guidelines for America. Basically, shutting the economy for two weeks. An action like this was never done before in U.S. history.
The 15 days were followed by 30 days extending the shutdown to April 30th. Even though Trump knew this would hurt the economic recovery he so deftly produced, he took extreme actions to fight the virus. Some worked like “Operation Warp Speed,” the results of other actions, such as closing down the economy, seem mixed at best.
Despite the actions taken by the Trump Administration, after ten months of the COVID-19 virus, the Democrats and their sycophants in the mainstream media were able to defeat Donald Trump. Much of their campaign included the lie that the Trump Administration never took the virus seriously and the Joe Biden team was ahead of the curve. The timeline above and the ones published previously for late January and early February prove America was lied to. Joe Biden and his team are still lying to Americans about Trump and the virus a year after 15-Days To Slow The Spread.
15-Days To Slow The Spread
15-Days To Slow The Spread
15-Days To Slow The Spread