Please disable your Ad Blocker in order to interact with the site.

According to a report in the UK Independent  United States State Department had credible information two days before our embassies in Libya and Egypt were attacked that
American missions may be targeted
but those warnings were not passed along to the foreign staffs. If a warning was passed to the diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”,were moment would be restricted and the Americans would “hunker down.”

There is also an assumption that there is a mole in the agency:

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the “safe house” in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed “safe”.

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

….Senior officials are increasingly convinced, however, that the ferocious nature of the Benghazi attack, in which rocket-propelled grenades were used, indicated it was not the result of spontaneous anger due to the video, called Innocence of Muslims. Patrick Kennedy, Under-Secretary at the State Department, said he was convinced the assault was planned due to its extensive nature and the proliferation of weapons.

There is growing belief that the attack was in revenge for the killing in a drone strike in Pakistan of Mohammed Hassan Qaed, an al-Qa’ida operative who was, as his nom-de-guerre Abu Yahya al-Libi suggests, from Libya, and timed for the anniversary of the 11 September attacks.

The news about the fact the Obama administration was forewarned about the attack comes at the heels of Tuesday’s report that for the last year and a half Barack Obama has gone to less than four out of every ten intelligence briefings.

It makes you wonder if Obama spent less time on politics and more time doing his job, would the warning have gone out?

Lets see if the mainstream media asks  that question?

Become a Lid Insider

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Send this to friend