There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Why is anybody surprised at Obama’s attempts at intimidating any dissent? During the campaign it was one of his favorite tactics:
- When a group called the American Issues Project launched an ad talking about the Illinois Senator’s unexplained links to terrorist Bill Ayers. Then-Senator Obama has responded with his own ad which is fine but that’s only half the story. He sent a letter to the DOJ asking for an investigation then pressured stations not to run the ad threatening them with letters to their advertisers etc.
- Radio Host John Batchelor reported that Obama even hired a Richard Nixon style “Plumbers Unit” to keep the Ayers story under wraps.
- When Gianna Jessen, a young woman who was born alive after a botched Abortion made a commercial against the Senator’s Abortion position, Obama attacked her PERSONALLY as a liar.
- And there was the incident in Missouri– “St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign,” said Blunt in a statement released today. “What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.” The statement came after the law enforcement officials pledged to form a “truth squad” to halt ads that, among other things, claimed Obama was not a Christian or that he was not planning to cut taxes on Americans other than the wealthy.
- The Obama campaign also “threatening” letters to several news agencies in Pennsylvania and Ohio demanding they stop airing ads exposing Obama’s gun stance, according to the National Rifle Association.
- Lee County Shereff Mike Scott referred to the Candidate Obama as Barack HUSSEIN Obama and that led to his being investigated for ethics violations.
- “Joe the Plumber” had the nerve to stand on his driveway, and ask the future POTUS ONE QUESTION, the liberal media went after him. Even worse, someone started using state and law-enforcement computer systems to try to gather personal dirt about Joe. Helen Jones-Kelley, director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and a $2,500 contributor to the Obama campaign, ordered the smear probe on Joe.
This President plays hardball, he will do what ever he needs to, even to the extent of trampling on free speech, to achieve the change in the core American systems and values that he seeks. The intimidation of health care protesters will continue and even accelerate. Only by standing up for our beliefs and our right to express them, will we be able to defeat this battle to socialize our health care system.