Please disable your Ad Blocker in order to interact with the site.

Despite the Obama administration’s best attempts at covering up the mistakes that lead to the horrible attack that killed four Americans in Libya the truth is finally beginning to leak out.

Witnesses of last week’s deadly attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya have told CBS News that the alleged anti-American protest that U.S. officials say morphed into the assault never actually took place.

Of course that conflicts with the administration’s contention that the attack was some sort of spontaneous terrorist attack which grew out of a protest.

The new details add to the widening rift between U.S. and Libyan
accounts of the attack as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected
to brief members of Congress behind closed doors Thursday. On
Wednesday, a top U.S. counterterrorism official told lawmakers on
Capitol Hill that the assault was “opportunistic,” but a “terrorist
attack.”

That should be a very entertaining meeting.

Become a Lid Insider

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Send this to friend