Please disable your Ad Blocker in order to interact with the site.

Barack Obama is planning on leaving office the same way he came in, making things all about him.  Speaking to a Congressional Black Caucus event on Saturday Night, the narcissist-in-chief said he would take it as a personal insult if Black voters didn’t turn out and vote for Hillary Clinton.

I will consider it a personal insult, an insult to my legacy if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You want to give me a good send-off, go vote.

 

(…) Obama also sought to blunt Trump’s recent efforts to reach out to black voters, saying Trump at one point in the race had said there’s never been a worse time to be a black person.

 

“I mean, he missed that whole civics lesson about slavery and Jim Crow, but we’ve got a museum for him to visit,” Obama said, a reference to next week’s opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture. “We will educate him.”

 

Obama may have been referring to an ABC interview with Trump in 2015 when he asserted the nation’s first black president had done “nothing” for African-Americans. “They are worse now than just about ever,” he said.

While it is not the worst time ever for African Americans, it’s been pretty bad.  The chart below uses Census Bureau data to show what has happened to household income African American and all U.S. households under Obama. It shows median household income for every year from Bush #43’s final year (2008-in red) through 2015. Each Obama year is compared to the final Bush year.

screen-shot-2016-09-18-at-10-08-48-am

Based on the census data under Barack Obama median household income for all American Households has grown about almost 3%. But African American households have declined 2%. The bottom line is income growth in Black households is lagging behind total households by almost 5%.

This indicates that Trump is correct when he says African American families haven’t fared as well as other American households under Obama. In other words, what President Obama is saying is even though his programs hurt the black community he want’s African Americans to vote for Hillary because of the color of HIS skin. After all– he can’t point to economic growth to convince people.

Become a Lid Insider

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Send this to friend