Please disable your Ad Blocker in order to interact with the site.

B’Tselem is an Israeli “Human Rights” Organization whose full name is The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. Just by it use of the phrase Occupied Territories you can tell its politics (even the most liberal Israelis I have spoken to call them the Disputed Territories).

Every year they publish a guide to Israeli and Palestinian Deaths and while the totals are correct, their classification methods are a bit on the “funky” side. For an example they define civilian casualties as whether casualties were involved in fighting at the time of their death. Lets say someone launches a rocket at Sedrot, then puts the launcher in the truck and hears the call to prayer. He puts down his rug and starts praying. At the same time IDF is honing in on where the missile was launched and sends retaliatory fire. That terrorist is considered a civilian because he wasn’t launching missiles at the time, he was praying. And that is just one example. The worldwide press uses and believes their numbers as if they came down from Sinai.

Now B’Tselem comes out with a new report. This group of Israeli purveyors of disinformation have charged that while conducting a major operation against Palestinian gunmen in the city last week, troops took two minors — a 15-year-old boy and an 11-year old girl — along while they searched houses for militants and weapons, forcing them to enter the houses first.

Instead of evaluating the information in the context of the other lies coming out of this group. They are joyfully worshiping these lies as it was the golden calf we read about in the Torah this week. And the worst part of it is that these so called “news organizations” never report the TRUE stories of Abbas’ terrorists or the ones from Hamas or Hezbollah using human shields. The Press is such an easy mark for liars.

(IHT) JERUSALEM: The Israeli army said Friday that it was looking into new allegations that troops used Palestinians as human shields during an operation in the West Bank city of Nablus. The Israeli human rights group B’Tselem charged that while conducting a major operation against Palestinian gunmen in the city last week, troops took two minors — a 15-year-old boy and an 11-year old girl — along while they searched houses for militants and weapons, forcing them to enter the houses first. The use of civilians in military operations has been ruled illegal by Israel’s Supreme Court and is prohibited by military orders. The army said Friday that it was checking the new charges. The first indication that troops used Palestinians as human shields in the Nablus operation came when an Associated Press Television camera captured what appeared to be such a scene on Feb. 25. The footage shows Sameh Amira, 24, accompanying troops as they enter apartments in the city’s casbah, or Old City. The army promised a “thorough inquiry” into that incident. Amira’s cousin, 15-year-old Amid Amira, told B’Tselem field workers that soldiers took him at the same time as they took Sameh. They forced him to come along as they searched three houses, he said, making him enter rooms first, empty cupboards and open windows. Jihan Dadush, 11, told B’Tselem that soldiers took her from her home three days later, on Feb. 28, forcing her to open the door of a neighboring apartment and enter ahead of them. The soldiers then took her home, she said. Until 2005, soldiers employed a tactic of making civilians knock on their neighbors’ doors to warn them of an impending raid, claiming this protected bystanders by spurring militants to surrender peacefully. But in a landmark 2005 ruling, the Israeli Supreme Court ruled the tactic illegal and barred any use of civilians in military operations. B’Tselem spokeswoman Sarit Michaeli urged the army to open a military police investigation into the Nablus incidents. “The army must investigate what happened and act accordingly — try people, make sure the rules are clarified and understand where the failures were, in order to prevent this from happening again,” she said. In August 2002, a 19-year-old Palestinian student, Nidal Daraghmeh, was killed when troops in the West Bank town of Tubas forced him to knock on the door of a neighboring building where a Hamas fugitive was hiding. Gunfire erupted and Daraghmeh was killed.

Become a Lid Insider

Sign up for our free email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Send this to friend