The more I observe the 2012 presidential race, the more I realize the progressives believe the American people are stupid. We are not talking about dumber than a piece of chalk stupid, no they think the American people are a 12 on the Barbara Boxer/Debbie Wasserman Schultz ten point stupid scale.
This week was worse than usual, allow me to give you a few examples.
- The Obama Bus Tour…the President is driving through the heartland charging that Mitt Romney shipped jobs overseas. The presidential bus was made in Canada.
- The June Jobs Report...was so lousy that even the biased Associated Press said it was bad. But our president said it was “a step in the right direction.” Sorry Mr. President but that’s only a step in the right direction if you are trying to step in dog crap.
- If I had a dollar for every time… well maybe $1,000 dollars for every time. Yesterday our narcissist-in-chief made a speech in Ohio. He used the word I or Me 117 times in a 25 and a half minute speech–that’s one every 13.07 seconds. And he expects us to believe he gives a rats arse about any one of us?
- I am not a crook… David Alexelrod used a discredited Vanity Fair article to say Mitt Romney is hiding the true story of his finances and compares him to Richard Nixon. Of course this only served to remind us that HIS candidate is hiding his college and law school records, stopping the LA Times from releasing the video tape of his toast praising PLO spokesman and Obama friend Rashid Khalidi, and in a very Nixonian move, used executive privilege to stop one of his cabinet members from turning over documents subpoenaed by Congress.
- It’s all Fox’s Fault. Presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett was interviewed this week and claimed that it wasn’t the president’s rhetoric that was causing people to believe Obama was creating an environment of class warfare…it was all Fox News’ fault.
- Do as I say… Have you ever noticed when someone talks about a cold winter being a reason to doubt global warming…the hoaxers jump all over them saying “you don’t know the difference between climate and weather?” Now those same hoaxers are looking at a summer heat wave and claiming it’s because of global warming.
- Do as I say II….Obama and the Mainstream Media have attacked Romney for his supposed flip-flops on the Mandate vs Tax issue but it was Obama who called it a mandate, was silent when his Solicitor General argued before the SCOTUS that it was a tax, and claimed it wasn’t a tax as soon as the Roberts made his decision.
See what I mean…the progressives believe the American people are Sheila Jackson Lee-stupid. And the media helps them spread their nonsense as truth. That my friends is another difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives believe in the goodness of people, that given the freedom to choose they will most often make the right choice. During the next four months we must go out of our way to tell the truth about this President so the American people have all they need to make the correct choice…Americans are not as stupid as these people think.