Perhaps he misses banning stuff. CNN via the New York Daily News is reporting that former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg may be thinking about an independent run for the presidency in 2016.
Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg secretly commissioned a poll last month to see how he might fare as a third-party 2016 candidate, according to a new report published Sunday.
Bloomberg commissioned the poll in December to see how he might perform as an independent in the 2016 race after watching the dazzling rise of Republican front-runner Donald Trump in the GOP race, CNN reported, citing a source familiar with the survey.
The poll reportedly pitted a third-party Bloomberg run against Trump and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, but its findings have not been disclosed.
Strange that the former mayor would consider running against Hillary Clinton. Like Ms. Clinton and most leftists Michael Bloomberg has no regard for personal freedom. Along with spending his riches trying to fight against the Second Amendment, as Mayor, Michael Bloomberg banned things that many of us would consider personal choices. Below is a list of some of them :
- Smoking in commercial establishments like bars and restaurants(2003)
- Trans-fats in restaurants (2006)
- Sodium levels in processed foods (2010) **
- Loud headphones (2013) **
- Smoking in public spaces (2011)
- Cigarette sales to those under 21 (2013)
- Sales of “flavored” tobacco products (2009)
- Smoking e-cigarettes in public spaces (2013) **
- Cigarette in-store displays (2013)
- Cars in Times Square (2009)
- Cars from driving in newly created bike lanes (2007-2013)
- Cars causing congestion below 60th Street in Manhattan (2007) *
- Speeding on residential “slow zones” (2013)
- Illegal guns (2006-2013) **
- Styrofoam packaging in single-service food items (2013)
- Sodas larger than 16 ounces (2012) *
- Collection of yard waste and grass clippings during certain times of year (2003-2013)
- Organic food waste from landfills (2013) **
- Commercial music over 45 decibels (2013)
- Chain restaurant menus without calorie counts (2008)
- The posting of signs in “city-owned grassy areas” (2013)
- Non-fuel-efficient cabs (2007)
- New cabs that aren’t Nissan NV200s (2013) *
- Greenhouse gas emissions (2007)
- Government buildings that aren’t LEED-certified (2005)
- Non-hurricane-proof buildings in coastal areas (2013)
- Black roofs (2009) **
- Construction cranes over 25 years old (2013)
- No. 6 and No. 4 “heavy” heating oils (2011)
- Less than a 2-1 ratio of female and male restrooms in new public buildings (2005)
- Cell phones in schools (2006)
- Two-term limits for city elected officials(except for him) (2008)
- Baby Formula in City Hospitals (2012)
* Overruled/appealed ban
** Suggested/voluntary ban
Just think of the things he would be able to ban as President. Of course will never happen because if he runs, Michael Bloomberg will get most of his votes from Hillary Clinton, guaranteeing a GOP win. Hey you know…that’s not a bad idea.