This time its coming from the Emperor himself. Financial Times interviewed former New York Mayor, multi billionaire Michael Bloomberg who says he is considering a run for President of the United States. Talk about self-funding, this freedom grabbing former mayor make the Donald look like a pauper (the ex-mayor is rumored to have around $39 billion).
“I find the level of discourse and discussion distressingly banal and an outrage and an insult to the voters,” Mr Bloomberg said in an interview, before adding that the US public deserved “a lot better”.
If the US public deserves better why would Bloomberg run?
While it has been rumored that Bloomberg is considering a run, this is the first time he acknowledged it as the truth.
Mr Bloomberg told the FT that he would need to start putting his name on ballots across the US at the beginning of March. “I’m listening to what candidates are saying and what the primary voters appear to be doing,” he said.
His entry would radically affect the election, which has already been upended by the anti-establishment campaigns of Mr Trump and Mr Sanders. Many experts believe that Mr Bloomberg would help the Republican nominee by drawing more support from Democrats over Republicans because of his liberal stance on issues such as gun control and the environment.
As a mayor Bloomberg ran the City like a police state. He banned just about everything except marital sex. Amongst the things he banned in NYC include:
- Smoking in commercial establishments like bars and restaurants(2003)
- Trans-fats in restaurants (2006)
- Sodium levels in processed foods (2010) **
- Loud headphones (2013) **
- Smoking in public spaces (2011)
- Cigarette sales to those under 21 (2013)
- Sales of “flavored” tobacco products (2009)
- Smoking e-cigarettes in public spaces (2013) **
- Cigarette in-store displays (2013)
- Cars in Times Square (2009)
- Cars from driving in newly created bike lanes (2007-2013)
- Cars causing congestion below 60th Street in Manhattan (2007) *
- Speeding on residential “slow zones” (2013)
- Illegal guns (2006-2013) **
- Styrofoam packaging in single-service food items (2013)
- Sodas larger than 16 ounces (2012) *
- Collection of yard waste and grass clippings during certain times of year (2003-2013)
- Organic food waste from landfills (2013) **
- Commercial music over 45 decibels (2013)
- Chain restaurant menus without calorie counts (2008)
- The posting of signs in “city-owned grassy areas” (2013)
- Non-fuel-efficient cabs (2007)
- New cabs that aren’t Nissan NV200s (2013) *
- Greenhouse gas emissions (2007)
- Government buildings that aren’t LEED-certified (2005)
- Non-hurricane-proof buildings in coastal areas (2013)
- Black roofs (2009) **
- Construction cranes over 25 years old (2013)
- No. 6 and No. 4 “heavy” heating oils (2011)
- Less than a 2-1 ratio of female and male restrooms in new public buildings (2005)
- Cell phones in schools (2006)
- Two-term limits for city elected officials(except for him) (2008)
- Baby Formula in City Hospitals (2012)
* Overruled/appealed ban
** Suggested/voluntary ban
Just think of the things he would be able to ban as President. As a global warming freak he will do what he can to destroy the economy with anti-Carbon regulations. He opposes the second amendment and will do anything possible to ban firearms.
As president Michael Bloomberg would be more like a dictator than an emperor. Lets hope he saves his money and sits home with a nice large soda.