The Anti-Defamation League has taken up the Media Matters’ cause by attacking Glenn Beck’s series against George Soros:
Glenn Beck’s description of George Soros’ actions during the Holocaust is completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top. For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there’s a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that’s horrific.
….The Holocaust was a horrific time, and many people had to make excruciating choices to ensure their survival. George Soros has been forthright about his childhood experiences and his family’s history, and there the matter should rest.
Its true, Soros was forthright but there is nothing wrong with someone talking about what Mr. Soros described as the best time in his life. (if you cannot see either of the two videos on this post please CLICK HERE)
The ADL started with great intentions
The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” Now the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.
“Stopping the defamation of the Jewish People” has nothing to do with the ADL’s criticism of Beck. During the tenure of its current National Director Abe Foxman, the Anti-Defamation League transformed itself from an organization protecting Jewish civil rights to a group dedicated simply to selling America on the progressive movement (and Abe Foxman). For example here are some of the ADL’s position papers supporting the progressive agenda:
- Supporting Partial Birth Abortion ADL Disappointed With Supreme Court Ruling On Partial Birth Abortion Act
- Bashing Terrorist Fighter Geert Wilders
- Fighting the Arizona Law against Illegal Immigration (I wonder what other crimes they support)
The ADL has even written a white paper trashing the Tea Party Movement. Calling it part of the “New Rage in America”.
A quick read of this White Paper show the group has totally abandoned its mission to fight anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, and is using its donated tax-free funds to concentrate on a political agenda, the President’s mission to silence all dissent to his policy. Here are some examples:
- In the section about Tea Parties, the ADL uses the MSNBC-party line by seeking to minimalize the movement by branding the protesters as people misusing the Holocaust, Nazi imagery or simply that they are White Supremacists. At the Tea Party protest I attended, my head was covered by a yarmulke, which of those categories would they put me in?
- The ADL Claimed that the Tea Party movement was created by Fox News or other conservative outlet, playing up the “AstroTurf” propaganda pushed by the progressives at the time:
The Tea Party movement is made up of individuals and groups, at the grass-roots level and from established conservative organizations, who plan and attend rallies around the country to express their anger at the government. Some conservative media outlets, such as the FOX News Network, have also played a role in promoting Tea Parties.
- Then they return to the right wing crazy argument. Notice how the describe the “over the top incidents as one lady or one report? That’s because they were few and far between but you wouldn’t know it based on their report.
A local Republican Party chairwoman at the event described participants as “people standing up for their Constitution…They’re ready to fight for their country. Socialism is being pushed and we don’t want any part of it.” At a rally in Madison, Wisconsin, one woman reportedly even had a sign comparing President Obama to the anti-Christ.
- According to the ADL White Paper the tea party movement morphed into a conspiracy following, group of crazies.They use the example that a few protesters were “birthers.” They know very well that the “birther” movement is outside the mainstream of the tea party movement, that it started with Hillary Clinton supporters, and has been discredited by the vast majority of conservatives.
Maybe Big Abe should mention that the POTUS appointed Van Jones, a 9/11 truther. Using the logic of his ADL, that would make the entire Obama Administration a bunch of truthers.
The ADL should be identifying itself as a political organization, it certainly doesn’t have its mission of protecting Jews as it’s priority. For example, three years ago I was working on the case of Laurie Richter, who at the time was Ft. Lauderdale resident. Laurie’s condo wanted to start fining Ms Richter because the management of the Condo had a ban on displaying objects on “public space.” The ban applied to Mezuzahs, Jewish religious symbols, but not Christmas wreaths. See Jew Hatred in Our (other) Ancestral Homeland: Florida. When the ADL was called to help Ms Richter out they refused to help out even though it was a clear case of bias against a Jew. It was only after I contacted Florida’s Attorney General and Senior Legislators were Ms. Richter’s problems solved.
The ADL continues to ignore its mission so its leadership can become leaders in the Progressive Movement. That is what is behind its attack on Glenn Beck.
If you wish to comment on the ADL’s subjugation of its mission to become an arm of the political progressive movement, Click Here and you will arrive at its comments page.
For those of you who donate to the Anti-Defamation League allow me to remind you that there are many other worthy Jewish charities where you can donate your hard earned money. I strongly urge you to consider moving your money to one of those other organizations. Perhaps one that puts its mission to help Jews in front of its leader’s desire to become a “big shot” in progressive politics.
UPDATE: I was on the Glenn Beck show today discussing this article and the one yesterday about Media Matters see video Below:
BTW: The Right Scoop downloaded the video for me. Please visit the site to help me say thank you.